Why become a member? ×

*SOLD* For Sale: 1971 Fender Musicmaster Bass *SOLD*

Shire

[b][center][size=5]*SOLD* For Sale: Vintage 1971 Fender Musicmaster Bass *SOLD* [/size][/center][/b]

Good morning ladies and gents :) For sale is my original 1971 Fender Musicmaster. I've had this bass a while (originally purchased from here actually) and modified it slightly to suit. I am only selling because I just don't play her anymore and I really want to see her go to a new home :rolleyes:

It is being sold with its original pickguard, pickup (originally from a late 60's strat I believe) pots wiring etc (everything to make it original)

I did however buy a new black pickguard for her to mount the new pickup (Seymour Duncan Quarter Pound for Single Coil P-Bass® SCPB-3), wiring and pots so that I could make it original just by swapping the loaded pickguards back over. All of the above is included in the sale. There is one thing to note, the new pickguard (black) has the holes drilled slightly off center with the holes on the body of the bass. I didn't want to modify either so instead, I have only used half of the screws (the ones that line up with the body).

She is currently strung with flats but I will also include the original strings (they might be the original string from when it was made but I can't be sure)

The bass is obviously quite old but still solid as a rock. As you can see from the pics it has got some natural relicing :lol:

Guts:

Original Pickguard, pickup and wiring:

On the bass:

New black pickguard, pickup and wiring:

I'm after £350 for this bass. I live in Oxford so anyone who wants to come and try it please feel free to come and have a play. If I have to post it, I will do so with the neck off wrapped safely in a strong box :lol: Please ask for a postage quote but imagine it'll be around £20 :lol: Any questions please feel free to fire away :lol:

Cheers, and enjoy the sunshine!
Matt

Edited by Shire

Very cool bass - I had one from around '78 and it was good fun - better tuners than the earlier models but not the same reliced vibe. It looks like there's a bit of cavity re-shaping to fit the new pickup - it this the case? Whatever, this is a real bargain and I doubt it'll hang around.

[quote name='lozbass' post='812485' date='Apr 20 2010, 01:06 PM']Very cool bass - I had one from around '78 and it was good fun - better tuners than the earlier models but not the same reliced vibe. It looks like there's a bit of cavity re-shaping to fit the new pickup - it this the case? Whatever, this is a real bargain and I doubt it'll hang around.[/quote]

As far as I'm aware its the original cavity hole, definitely not modified by me anyway and it is unmolested under the copper shielding :)

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...

[quote name='Gust0o' post='1205643' date='Apr 20 2011, 10:28 AM']Shire, could you mark the thread up as sold? It's still listed as 'for sale', so people will be getting the impression it's available. A full edit of the original post should allow you to modify the title.[/quote]

Title amended :)