Why become a member? ×

Warwick Corvette 4-string fretless - Sold

Mottlefeeder

Relisted - it has to go.

This is a 1996 passive Corvette with a Bubinga body, Wenge neck, Ebony fingerboard, and Brass nut. The original sunken strap-locks have been removed, the holes dowelled, and conventional strap buttons fitted. It comes with a Warwick gig bag, a new tin of Warwick wax, a selection of used Warwick black label strings, and the additional replacement screw you need for the nut if you want to string it BEAD as I did.

The Bass is in good condition. There are surface marks on the back (jean's stud), and the horn (strap buckle), but with no paint finish to be destroyed, you cannot see the marks from more than a few feet away. There is one 'grain of rice' sized shallow ding on the upper side of the neck, which you could fill in with superglue if it bothered you.

The gig-bag is servicable, but the seams around the side handle are starting to go. For back-packing and car-boot use, it should last many more years.

£350, delivered within one hour's drive of Warrington - other distances negotiable.
<pictures deleted>

Edited by Mottlefeeder

Oh... sorely tempted! If I hadn't just put the deposit down on a Shuker I'd have your arm off. I've got this one's fretted twin already... A great deal here lads. You'll not get a better bass under 2 grand. Mine forced me to sell my Wal through underuse!

• 2 weeks later...

I paid £350 for mine. The trouble is nothing seems to be holding its value on here at the moment.

That's an excellent bass in great condition at a very good price. I'd say just hang on in there until the right buyer comes along. If you can't wait then the only option is to lower the price, which would be a shame.

• 3 months later...