Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Roscoe SKB3006 6 string bass

Marlat

Up for sale is my Roscoe SKB3006 6 string which I purchased from Ville on Basschat a few months ago.

Roscoe SKB3006
Swamp ash body
Exhibition quilted maple top (upcharge option)
Black gold finish (upcharge option)
3 piece maple / purpleheart neck
Excellent birdseye maple fingerboard
Roscoe Barts pickups (I think)
Demeter preamp (highly desirable among Roscoe fans and now discontinued)
Original Roscoe / Contego case (sort of a semi-rigid case - to be honest its more like a hard case, but it looks like a Sadowsky Portabag).

Why am I selling? Well, I am getting married in August and although we are trying to have a modest wedding, my fiance nevertheless wants some things that are costing more than expected and I currently have 5 basses with another MTD due to arrive shortly and something has to go. This is a fantastic bass for fingerstyle playing and has a good slap tone (but I think its forte is really punchy fingerstyle). Pbass on steroids is an apt description.

Condition: Its not new, so I am not going to say its mint, but its in excellent condition and I can't see any nicks or blemishes that would have me worried, but be aware, its a used bass so its not "out of the box". I think there is a little scratching on the mid pot when you adjust it, but its not very noticeable and probably just needs a clean. Doesn't make any noise when you play though.

Price: 1350GBP via Paypal or direct deposit gets it shipped to you anywhere in the UK or EU. Elsewhere we can work something out on shipping, but it shouldn't be much more. This is what I paid for it a couple of months ago.

Location: Central London UK (obviously can do a meet / delivery if you're close).

Pics:

I am not looking for trades, straight sale only please. I am fairly firm on price as I'd like to get back what I have into it, but if you are 3 quid short I could maybe work something out!

Cheers

Mark

Edited by Mark Latimour

I've had a few offers but at this stage the price is firm. You can check with a dealer what a bass like this would cost new now, but this is basically half price. I got a good deal on it and I am happy to pass the deal on.

• 9 months later...