Why become a member? ×

Danelectro Longhorn

casapete

Okay, up for sale is my Danelectro.

It's a first reissue '58 Longhorn Pro , circa 1998-2001 I believe.

Colour is 'blackburst' , a kind of subtle metalflake type finish which maybe doesn't look that special in the pics but
is really striking in the flesh (have n't seen another one like this myself). The 'Pro' designation means it has the upgraded adjustable
bridge and also upgraded tuners. Has two alnico 50's style lipstick pickups, coupled to two dual concentric vol/tone controls.
Neck is maple with a rosewood fingerboard with no fret wear, and feels just right. The edge binding to the body is 100% too-quite rare this!
The scale length is 30", and this combined with the lightweight hollow body gives a great resonant sound, perfect for rootsy styles etc.
(Optimum sound is all contols up full!)

Condition is absolutely mint-can't find a mark on it.

This bass is so much better than the current 58 Dead on reissues I've tried - maybe not exactly 'vintage correct' but definitely a lot more playable/usable.

I'm looking for [b]£180[/b] for this beauty, which includes a decent gig bag too. (Was £225)
Would prefer cash on collection, (am a bit reluctant to post but appreciate that may be necessary?)

I'm based west of Hull in East Yorkshire -right next to the north towers of the Humber Bridge.
I could maybe drive to meet up somewhere for the cost of my diesel, and do travel a bit (am in Manchester end of the month)
with my band.

PM me if you want more pics.

Cheers,
Pete.

Edited by casapete