Why become a member? ×

PLEASE DELETE - DHA Bass Fuzzy Feeling Fuzz Pedal

sk8

I have for sale my DHA custom Fuzzy Feeling bass fuzz pedal.

This link is for the guitar one but you get the idea.

[url="http://www.davehallamps.co.uk/Products,%20Fuzzy%20Feeling.html"]http://www.davehallamps.co.uk/Products,%20...%20Feeling.html[/url]

Mine has the White and Red paint job and includes a battery.

Looking for £100 including Special Delivery. These are retailing for £149 plus P&P

Or will trade for another Fuzz pedal.

Edited by sk8

• 6 months later...

[quote name='dannybuoy' post='1013166' date='Nov 5 2010, 12:16 PM']How does it sound, any clips? Is it based on a Fuzz Face do you know?[/quote]

The Fuzzy Feeling design is based around the Colorsound ToneBender MK11 Professional with a few tweaks from us. It uses three PNP NOS gain selected germanium transistors to provide the classic Fuzz effect of the 60s and 70s. Three transistors are used instead of just two as in most designs, this means that a lot more gain is generated as well as a totally saturated Fuzz tone. The Fuzzy Feeling is totally hand build using a high quality PCB and point to point methods, it is built to last.

The Fuzzy Feeling is fitted with a PP3 9v battery but also has a 2.1mm external PSU adaptor for use with a 9v @ 200mA external supply.
Important –the external supply must be negative centre, which means positive outer. This is because the PNP transistors require a negative supply so you must use a separate external supply from your other effects pedals which are normally negative outer. The external PSU and the battery both have reverse polarity protection so no harm will be done if you get it wrong. The supply is connected automatically to the circuit when you plug in your guitar, so don’t forget to unplug in when not in use or the battery will go flat!

The controls are very simple, Level, Fuzz Attack and By-pass. The led indicates when the effect is on.

Level sets the output level of the effect to your amplifier, there is a fair amount of gain as well as fuzz so it will overdrive your amplifiers input if you set it high enough which will generate even more distortion. Push it really hard and great feedback fuzz effects are possible.

Fuzz Attack adjusts the attack of the waveform, it allows the user to select smoother Fuzz with greater sustain.

The By-pass footswitch provides true by-pass of the effect.

So, just plug your guitar into the jack with the guitar drawing and your amplifier into the jack with the amp drawing and you are off and running!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

[quote name='theotherphiljones' post='1081449' date='Jan 7 2011, 07:37 PM']Please excuse my idiocy but can i not use a general 9V power supply for this?[/quote]

yes you can use a standard 9V power supply BUT the FF is positive ground due to the PNP transistors which means you can't use the same power supply daisy chained to other negative ground pedals (which most are). If you do it shorts the power supply via ground when you plug in.