Why become a member? ×

Recommend me a cheap DI box, please

lanark

I just need something to have in the gig bag for when the PA guy doesn't come with any (has happened twice recently) - don't need it to be wonderful, just split the signal so I can send separate inputs to the mixer and to my stage monitor.

[quote name='ahpook' post='795811' date='Apr 4 2010, 04:55 PM']plus the one on the behringer - does the job.[/quote]

there's a link somewhere to a guy ABing a Sansamp with the Behringer. The difference in sound is negligable or not noticeable.

IMO. YMMV. :)

[quote name='MacDaddy' post='795816' date='Apr 4 2010, 05:00 PM']there's a link somewhere to a guy ABing a Sansamp with the Behringer. The difference in sound is negligable or not noticeable.

IMO. YMMV. :)[/quote]

Think that might've been the BDI21. Certainly gets my vote. Outstanding piece of kit for the money! :rolleyes:

i'd fully recommend the Aphex punch factory. it's a really great sounding compressor which acts as a DI as a bonus. there is/was one on here for £30ish. they have great reviews and you can turn the compression on or off as you wish.

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=80072"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=80072[/url]

rich

[quote name='lanark' post='795799' date='Apr 4 2010, 04:30 PM']I just need something to have in the gig bag for when the PA guy doesn't come with any (has happened twice recently) - don't need it to be wonderful, just split the signal so I can send separate inputs to the mixer and to my stage monitor.[/quote]
As a lot of people have already mentioned - Behringer DI-100 will do the job easily. If you're after a bit more flexibility, then the SansAmp will be great (BDDI or the Paradriver) - the Behringer BDI21 is a clone (won't run off phantom-power, tho').

And sack the PA guy - who on Earth turns up to do PA for a gig [i]twice[/i] without a DI box? :)

HTH, Ian