Why become a member? ×

Tech Soundsystems (Tecamp) Black Cat * withdrawn*

warwickhunt

Only for sale as I can't justify having this and a Thunderfunk TF550B!

Spec can be found on the Tecamp website but briefly it is a full tube preamp (x3) with a 1000 watt digital power section. 2x500w @ 4ohm each side or 1x1000w @ 8ohm. A very simple EQ that is really dependent upon the input AND output gain, the more you wind up the gains the more dramatic the affect of the tone controls! At low volumes (in the home) the EQ appears to do very little but as you increase the gain to rehearsal / gigging levels the tone controls have a far greater effect. I'm lead to believe that the preamp is based upon an old passive Alembic design. It isn't that heavy either.

I do have a pdf copy of the manual though it is in German. TBH you don't need a manual as the amp is soooo simple to use and the flat EQ yields a great tone. As can be seen from the pic it is in excellent condition with no issues. New price is approx £1600 (depending on the conversion from about 2400 euro) buy it now before I change my mind. £680 +delivery.

Edited by warwickhunt

You could of course buy a used one off eBay and it's not much more than I'm asking... give or take a little bit!

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TecAmp-Black-Cat_W0QQitemZ220173641932QQihZ012QQcategoryZ47614QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TecAmp-Black-Cat_W0Q...1QQcmdZViewItem[/url]

I've been offered a very nice Fender bass in exchange for this but my appreciation of Fenders doesn't extend to actually keeping one in the house, so I'd rather have something I'd use rather than have to sell on... yet one more push before I'm forced to take a Fender!

Warwicks, cash or a really interesting/unusual amp/cab/combo/bass

Hi there sorry to confuse things ..but.. I'm thinking of moving on my Trace V8 (8 x KT88 all tube head, near pristine), are you still thinking of moving the Thunderfunk?
Would you consider a PX? All of this may be **lllocks as I'm looking for £1200 for the V8.. still, if you don't ask....

Andy

[quote name='rumour6' post='101255' date='Dec 8 2007, 03:31 AM']Hi there sorry to confuse things ..but.. I'm thinking of moving on my Trace V8 (8 x KT88 all tube head, near pristine), are you still thinking of moving the Thunderfunk?
Would you consider a PX? All of this may be **lllocks as I'm looking for £1200 for the V8.. still, if you don't ask....

Andy[/quote]

Hi Andy.

Thanks for the offer. The Trace would be too big/heavy for me added to which I'd rather not be putting money toward any deal. If you sold the beast I mean Trace and had the cash I would consider letting the TF go and I'd just keep the Tech. I'm not being flippant about which amp I keep, it's simply that they are both just stunning and I'm only listing the Tech as it is by far the greater bargain of the 2 amps that I have.

Cheers and good luck

I've had several people ask me to describe the tone of this amp and I've been reluctant as it is soooo objective but I've just used this amp to demo my cab for someone and their immediate reaction to the Tech amp was, 'that is THE SVT tone'! I've not had much experience with Ampeg but the guy in question has, so if you want a valve pre-amped, lightweight, 1000 watt powerhouse this could be for you.

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='101259' date='Dec 8 2007, 08:28 AM']Hi Andy.

Thanks for the offer. The Trace would be too big/heavy for me added to which I'd rather not be putting money toward any deal. If you sold the beast I mean Trace and had the cash I would consider letting the TF go and I'd just keep the Tech. I'm not being flippant about which amp I keep, it's simply that they are both just stunning and I'm only listing the Tech as it is by far the greater bargain of the 2 amps that I have.

Cheers and good luck[/quote]

Thanks for getting back so quickly, good luck, hope one goes before Christmas...

Andy