Why become a member? ×

Help me!!! Action adjustment advice

Hi all good people.
I have recently purchased one of these, and for me the action is set a little high for my liking.
On this model i haven't got a clue how to fix this.
Do i have to take the neck off, and what do i do with the badass bridge etc?

I really do like the action to be quite low, but i don't feel comfortable gigging with this until it's right.

Thanks in advance

Ben

[quote name='BigRedX' post='778609' date='Mar 18 2010, 02:11 PM']In that case get yourself down to your local DIY shop and buy a 30 piece metric and imperial Allen Key set. That way you'll never be in need of any allen key for a bass again.[/quote]

So will simply adjusting the badass with an allen key be enough to bring the action down with no fret buzz.
Just i hear with these basses adjusting the truss rod is a bit of pain in the proverbial.

[quote name='neptunehealer' post='778342' date='Mar 18 2010, 10:07 AM']Oh ok, i got mine off here there wasn't an alan key provided.[/quote]

I bought a key when I had mine (never got around to using it though!). The Ged doesn't come with one from Fender.

It took quite a bit of finding, as it's quite an unusual size needed for the Badass.

I think it was 0.5 or something? I may have even asked about the size needed in another section of BC at the time.

[quote name='spongebob' post='778839' date='Mar 18 2010, 05:06 PM']I bought a key when I had mine (never got around to using it though!). The Ged doesn't come with one from Fender.

It took quite a bit of finding, as it's quite an unusual size needed for the Badass.

I think it was 0.5 or something? I may have even asked about the size needed in another section of BC at the time.[/quote]

I have found a set of keys here, but forgive me if i am beinga tool but i can't see anywhere to use the allen key on the badass II. All i can see is scredriver jobbies at the back of it and actually on it.
I may attempt tweaking the truss rod tonight. To make the action lower do you turn it clockwise or anti clockwise?