Why become a member? ×

Siggery Roadbass 4 - NOW SOLD

molan

This is the second of Marty Siggery's basses I've owned and I have to say that they are really well made and nicely finished.

This one has a particularly nice flamed maple cap and a lovely flamed maple neck. Body is light weight alder and the board is rosewood. Pickups are Fender Custom Shop but I'm not sure which models, has a very punchy sound for a passive bass though. Bridge is Schaller & tuners are Hipshot.

There's an obvious nod in the direction of the modern Sadowsky look to the body shape and headstock and logo design. Not suggesting this is an attempt to 'pass off' as a Sad, just mentioning this for reference to anyone who might be familiar with the design :)

It's essentially a brand new bass, not a mark on it anywhere and, as far as I know, I'm the first owner having bought it direct from Marty himself. Only reason for selling is that I'm really trying to reduce the number of basses in the house before my wife discovers how many I actually have!

Basically it's a very pretty bass in perfect condition for a fraction of the price you'd pay for something with this kind of flame on the top and a birdseye neck.

It's not the easiest of basses to take a picture of because of the gloss finish over the flame - however Marty has a great flash movie of it on his site that really shows off how nice it is [url="http://www.siggeryguitars.co.uk/roadbass%204%20cr.htm"]Here[/url]

I've copied a few sample pics from his site below.

I don't have a case for this at the moment but the price I've quoted will include either a hard case or a decent spec gig bag (whichever someone might prefer). Alternatively I'll reduce the price accordingly if someone wants to meet up or collect and doesn't require a case :rolleyes:

Happy to ship anywhere but looking for trades as I'm trying to cut the collection down, lol.

Edited by molan

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the bump Schnozz - I'm surprised this hasn't moved yet.

The neck is seriously nice as it happens. The rear is a lovely tactile satin finish which I really like :)

It really is like a brand new bass, not a single playing mark that I can see anywhere.

Stunning looking bass. I remember seeing this when Marty had it for sale. Can you tell me the weight of this bass?

[quote name='molan' post='777849' date='Mar 17 2010, 08:23 PM']This is the second of Marty Siggery's basses I've owned and I have to say that they are really well made and nicely finished.

This one has a particularly nice flamed maple cap and a lovely flamed maple neck. Body is light weight alder and the board is rosewood. Pickups are Fender Custom Shop but I'm not sure which models, has a very punchy sound for a passive bass though. Bridge is Schaller & tuners are Hipshot.

There's an obvious nod in the direction of the modern Sadowsky look to the body shape and headstock and logo design. Not suggesting this is an attempt to 'pass off' as a Sad, just mentioning this for reference to anyone who might be familiar with the design :)

It's essentially a brand new bass, not a mark on it anywhere and, as far as I know, I'm the first owner having bought it direct from Marty himself. Only reason for selling is that I'm really trying to reduce the number of basses in the house before my wife discovers how many I actually have!

Basically it's a very pretty bass in perfect condition for a fraction of the price you'd pay for something with this kind of flame on the top and a birdseye neck.

It's not the easiest of basses to take a picture of because of the gloss finish over the flame - however Marty has a great flash movie of it on his site that really shows off how nice it is [url="http://www.siggeryguitars.co.uk/roadbass%204%20cr.htm"]Here[/url]

I've copied a few sample pics from his site below.

I don't have a case for this at the moment but the price I've quoted will include either a hard case or a decent spec gig bag (whichever someone might prefer). Alternatively I'll reduce the price accordingly if someone wants to meet up or collect and doesn't require a case :rolleyes:

Happy to ship anywhere but looking for trades as I'm trying to cut the collection down, lol.[/quote]

[quote name='sunfish' post='794761' date='Apr 3 2010, 12:17 AM']Stunning looking bass. I remember seeing this when Marty had it for sale. Can you tell me the weight of this bass?[/quote]

My digital bathroom scales are saying 7.8lbs.

Can't vouch for this being 100% accurate but it'll be pretty close - it's definitely very lightweight :)

Bit of a long shot but if anyone is tempted by this and lives near Wolverhampton or Manchester then I'm heading up that way this weekend & could deliver for free :)

Heading up the M40 past Birmingham today & then on to Wolverhampton. Up to Manchester on Sunday until Tuesday AM & staying in Salford area.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Feelgood' post='808602' date='Apr 16 2010, 04:40 PM']That's very pretty! Any chance of some more pics? Is it standard Fender-type dimensions?[/quote]

I'll have a go - it's difficult to capture the quality becuase of the flame :)

I'd say dimensions are more like a Sadowsky Modern than a Fender. I'm afraid my one Fender is in for a 'service' so I can't directly compare.

I think body size is generally smaller and a little more angular. Neck is very slim and has a lovely smooth satin finish.