Why become a member? ×

Looking for a used Vigier Passion or Arpege

Bassdude BE

Hi,
i'm Donovan,i'm a young bassplayer living in Belgium.

All day i live ,eat and breath everything that has to do with bass and obviously i've also turned into a serious G.A.S - victim. :lol:

Playing mostly metal and oldskool hardrock with a lot of blues and jazz influences,
i've always been playing on Ibanez basses.

main set up: Ibanez SR 900NT -> Tech 21 Sansamp bassdriver -> EBS HD650 -> Eden 115XLT & 2 x 210xst cab

I'm very happy with this set-up but an amp can only sound as good as the bass you plug into it,
and that's where the problem lies...

Since recently i feel that the Ibanez bass just doesn't cut it for me anymore,
i'm exploring a variety of new techniques and style's and the Ibanez just doen't have enough to offer soundwise to fulfill all my needs.

Therefore i've been watching,testing and listening to all kinds of other basses to find what should become my "super-nr.1-bass" for at least the next 10 years...

After checking almost all the big name's on the market i ended up with a Vigier Passion in my hands,
after the slim necks of the ibanez basses most of the other basses i tried felt big,slow and not easy to play due to the thicker/fatter neck-size & string spacing,
but this Vigier was just perfect for my hands and sounded awesome(to bad it wasn't for sale! :) ),
so i've made up my mind i want a vigier!

BUT...

since then i've been looking in Belgium,The Netherlands,Germany & France and have found very few of these basses in good condition,
i found several of these selling for even lees than 1000E,but most of the time they were from the very early series and/or had some serious damage on paint and corners.

I would love to find one of these in a reasonable condition for a reasonable price,

so if anyone could help me find one of these i would be very gratefull !! :rolleyes:

You can always mail me at: [email protected]

thanks,
D.

Edited by Bassdude BE

Aaarrrgghhhh, every time I see an Arpege or Passion it just about puts me in fits!

I've never tried one, but I have owned an Excess for the best part of six years. The best built bass I've ever played.

I would love to get my hands on an Arpege or Passion, I've heard that the neck profile is a bit slimmer than the Excess, but until I try one I can't really tell if it would agree with me. Also since I'm not in the frame for buying a bass, I fear trying one out would be a bad idea, because if I liked the bass it would then mean I would somehow have to find a way to buy one, which given my current financial status could be a problem!

Although I love the Excess, I find the neck to be a bit wide near the nut compared to a Fender-J style bass, and with my small hands I can't really cover the fretboard with the speed I would like when just practising technique orientated stuff. The sound more than makes up for this though.