Why become a member? ×

ESP Basses

merello

I played a Viper (? the SG shape) bass a while back - felt great and was very well made, but lacked a certain [i]je ne sais quoi[/i]. I have an ESP Les Paul guitar which is possibly the best guitar I have ever played. I've only heard good things about ESP. I've heard mixed things about ESP's budget line LTD, especially the lower end of the range.

[quote name='Linus27' post='774791' date='Mar 14 2010, 11:11 PM']One of my best sounding and playing basses I own is an ESP 400 series jazz, seen in the below picture (black with white scratchplate) and based on a 1962 Fender Jazz. Its from 1988 and is uber rare because it has the same headstock as a Fender. I think at the time, ESP were making parts for Fender Japan in the same factory so it could well had ended up as a Fender. I have never ever seen another ESP bass with this headstock. My bass has served me really well and done 100's of gigs. I would never ever sell it.

[/quote]

Those early 400 series instruments were superb, and the whole range featured Fender style headstocks.
They seemd as good if not better than the Tokai range of the same period. ESP guitars were also excellent,
again Fender designs with proper heads - the Telecaster model was a peach.

[quote name='Basska' post='774860' date='Mar 15 2010, 01:25 AM']A HI STANDARD FAN! I think a miracle just happened somewhere! I too love those crazy japs. I was sad to hear when they split :)

I didn't actually know this festival existed! I'm paying for a new bass and all sorts of other stuff at the moment so nahh
But hearing that the Bosstones are playing kind of makes me want to drop everything and escape to belgium haha.
You goin'?

Chris[/quote]

Hi Chris

I sure am. I missed out last year because of my Law Course falling on that weekend...but now ive completed that I am free to go! Booked everything just recently.

Bad Religion!

Yep Fat Wreck have some pretty amazing, and quite technical, modern punk.

I miss the mid 90s though.

Gareth