Why become a member? ×

Musicman Stingray 4

Pete Academy

I have acquired this lovely Stingray 4, dark blue metallic finish, 2-band EQ, rosewood fingerboard. It's immaculate, with a little wear on the scratchplate where the thumb would rest. The body and neck are completely unmarked. Original hard case has a little bit of scuffing.

I would keep it, but I've just bought the Fender Jazz.

I'm looking £750, no offers. This is a good price for its condition.

I can arrange delivery via Interlink, if needed.

[attachment=44764:stingray_5.jpg]
[attachment=44765:stingray_1.jpg]
[attachment=44766:stingray_2.jpg]
[attachment=44767:stingray_3.jpg]
[attachment=44768:stingray_4.jpg]

Edited by Pete Academy

[quote name='Pete Academy' post='774217' date='Mar 14 2010, 12:07 PM']I wouldn't rule it out. :)[/quote]

Well she is vintage and very road worn ;-)

Im almost tempted to sell my Duck Dunn for this. I dont think it will hang around long enough for me to get my lazy ass in gear though.

Good luck with it

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='774224' date='Mar 14 2010, 12:14 PM']Well she is vintage and very road worn ;-)

Im almost tempted to sell my Duck Dunn for this. I dont think it will hang around long enough for me to get my lazy ass in gear though.

Good luck with it[/quote]

She sounds like me :)

How much are you looking for the Duck Dunn?

And me.

If I sell the DD it will be about £700 ish but I've not really thought about it yet. I've had a few PMs from people but ive not decieded yet.
I recently got a fralin for it so that was another £140.

I'm not really sure if a SR would work instead of my DD yet. I've done a couple of gigs with the sub and it's working well but I think I should do a few more before I make a decision.
Its not so much the tone, its the neck im worried about. I find the Sub neck to be ok but the DD neck is fantastic.

Edited by dave_bass5

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='774268' date='Mar 14 2010, 01:16 PM']And me.

If I sell the DD it will be about £700 ish but I've not really thought about it yet. I've had a few PMs from people but ive not decieded yet.
I recently got a fralin for it so that was another £140.

I'm not really sure if a SR would work instead of my DD yet. I've done a couple of gigs with the sub and it's working well but I think I should do a few more before I make a decision.
Its not so much the tone, its the neck im worried about. I find the Sub neck to be ok but the DD neck is fantastic.[/quote]

No probs. Give it some thought. :)

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='774377' date='Mar 14 2010, 03:47 PM']I will indeed.
How's the G string? I only ask as I've had to knock the pole pices down on my sub to get a better signal from the G.[/quote]

I haven't noticed a problem, but I haven't played it much. I'll check it out again but I think it's OK.

I hope to sell it before, but if not, I see you're in London and I'm playing The Pigalle there in May if you want a peek at it. <shameless gig plug over>

:-( Stop doing this to me lol.

Can i ask what the width dimensions are at the nut and 12th fret? I'd like to gauge how the neck will feel. I have no experience with any other MM bass so i don't know what normal is for these basses.

Cheers.

Edited by dave_bass5

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='775174' date='Mar 15 2010, 01:11 PM']:-( Stop doing this to me lol.

Can i ask what the width dimensions are at the nut and 12th fret? I'd like to gauge how the neck will feel. I have no experience with any other MM bass so i don't know what normal is for these basses.

Cheers.[/quote]

This is what the Ernie Ball website says: 1-5/8" (41.3 mm) at nut 2-1/2" (63.5 mm) at last fret

Bump for a really nice Bass - I saw this beauty last week & it is a seriously good example! + Pete really looks after his gear - somebody buy it quick - I'll be seeing him next week & 'her in doors' knows I definately don't own a blue coloured Bass - bugger :) !

Good luck with the sale Pete!

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='775473' date='Mar 15 2010, 06:07 PM']Cool, thanks.
Just put my sub up for sale so who knows.[/quote]

I quite fancy a Ray and that one does look nice but unfortunately, unless you (or anyone else) fancies a heavily modded 78 Fender I'm afraid that I've not got the necessary funds (due to boring things like car crashes, expenses in trying to rent a property out, etc)!

Edited by peteb