Why become a member? ×

Guitar Delay (thats also half decent for bass)

Musicman20

Far too many options with this...need some help!

Now, I know I wont get the perfect sound....as Im using no effects loop (Dual Terror) but I like my delay in the clean sounds anyway.

What is the best sounding delay pedal that isnt crazy money, and isnt packed with lots of features?

I had a Line 6 DL4, and if im honest it was overkill for me.

I have a few choices...some digital some analog.

My sound? Im looking for spaced out type post rock....Godspeed, early Sigur Ros, Explosions in the Sky. I also like dark indie like Interpol etc etc. Even though I dont like U2, I do like their typical delay sound they have.

Whats the best to go for? Analog? Digital? I dont need loads of features, just a fantastic pedal!

I have come across a few I like the sound of:

MXR Carbon Copy
TC Electronics Nova Repeater

Any other ideas?

I want it to be a plug and play kind of pedal...no messing with lots of programming etc etc. I dont think I need presets really.

Which will give me a great 'lost in delay' type of delay where you can turn the knobs and it just sounds chaotic, through to nice and clean delay?

I always found the Boss delays dead simple to use on the old guitar.

I had the DD-3, that's really old now and been superseded by the DD-6 and more recently DD-7, but i found the DD-3 really strightforward.

The newer ones have got a lot more functions (like reverse) and might not be what you're after

[quote name='thisnameistaken' post='758184' date='Feb 26 2010, 01:30 PM']The Boss RE-20 might be worth a look (it's basically a modeled RE-201 Space Echo). I think on bass you really need tap tempo to make good use of time-based effects.[/quote]

Thanks guys.

I know the TC Nova Repeater has tap tempo built it and it sound wonderful on the demos! It is mainly for guitar though.