Why become a member? ×

Hi from Cornwall..

Hubster

Hi all...

Complete newbie to the bass and nice to find a forum where I can find out a bit of info!!

I used to play drums many moons ago and sat down one day when my brother taught me a bassline to play just so he could practice his guitar...loved it!! that was about 16 years ago and I finally have got round to getting a bass :rolleyes:

look forward to chatting to anyone and everyone...but please excuse me if I come out with some dumb questions.. :)

[quote name='Hubster' post='756372' date='Feb 24 2010, 07:19 PM']Hi all...

Complete newbie to the bass and nice to find a forum where I can find out a bit of info!!

I used to play drums many moons ago and sat down one day when my brother taught me a bassline to play just so he could practice his guitar...loved it!! that was about 16 years ago and I finally have got round to getting a bass :lol:

look forward to chatting to anyone and everyone...but please excuse me if I [b]come out with some dumb questions[/b].. :lol:[/quote]

That's actually my job :)

Welcome to basschat, it's treasure trove of knowledge. Not me but a lot of the other members are the fountains of knowledge. :rolleyes:

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='756403' date='Feb 24 2010, 07:41 PM']Where abouts in Cornwall buddy?[/quote]
Im in Plymouth actually lol..moved here from Newquay to do the student thing...love it, but hearts on the other side of the Tamar :)

...funnily enough Wayne, I used to live in your neck of the woods...Stalisfield?

Edited by Hubster

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='756501' date='Feb 24 2010, 09:07 PM']Wow now that is a small place, how long ago did you move?[/quote]
yep...just us, the chickens, geese and a neighbour 1/2 a mile down the road lol...moved about 11 years ago now, something like that

Is the Hole in the Wall still going in town?

Edited by Hubster

[quote name='Hubster' post='756712' date='Feb 25 2010, 07:56 AM']yep...just us, the chickens, geese and a neighbour 1/2 a mile down the road lol...moved about 11 years ago now, something like that

Is the Hole in the Wall still going in town?[/quote]

It got full of chavs and got closed down, recently re-opened as The Old Wine Vault, really nice in there, I do the pub quiz every month.

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='756932' date='Feb 25 2010, 12:07 PM']It got full of chavs and got closed down, recently re-opened as The Old Wine Vault, really nice in there, I do the pub quiz every month.[/quote]

what a nightmare...loved that place...proper spit and sawdust, good jukebox and pool...beer wasnt half bad either...

bloody chavs :) :rolleyes: spoil everything lol...

sounds nice now though...might have to pop in on the quiz sometime..always good fun :lol:

Now I don't want to get all pedantic but across the border here in D'bun I would need to correct you

[quote name='Deep Thought' post='756764' date='Feb 25 2010, 09:19 AM']Welcome from S'nozzle, boy.[/quote]

Boy would be bu'y, whereby one pronounces all 3 letters especially the y as in yu. :)
[quote name='Hubster' post='756984' date='Feb 25 2010, 12:44 PM']cheers moi 'andsome...nice to see someone local (ish) :lol:[/quote]

cheers moi ' andsome. Tut tut moi is French surely. Over here it would be cheers me 'andzome. :rolleyes:

Your appalling grammar aside 'us be plaized to zee 'ee' :lol:

Did I see you post that you are studying in Plymouth? Uni per chance? Does the Student Union still look like a blinged version of Macdonalds? :lol:

[quote name='Marvin' post='757400' date='Feb 25 2010, 06:32 PM']Now I don't want to get all pedantic but across the border here in D'bun I would need to correct you

Boy would be bu'y, whereby one pronounces all 3 letters especially the y as in yu. :)

cheers moi ' andsome. Tut tut moi is French surely. Over here it would be cheers me 'andzome. :rolleyes:

Your appalling grammar aside 'us be plaized to zee 'ee' :lol:

Did I see you post that you are studying in Plymouth? Uni per chance? Does the Student Union still look like a blinged version of Macdonalds? :lol:[/quote]

Dunnee listen to 'ee. 'Ee's from over the bleddy bridge, be buggered. :lol:

Edited by Deep Thought

[quote name='Deep Thought' post='757453' date='Feb 25 2010, 07:14 PM']Dunnee listen to 'ee. 'Ee's from over the bleddy bridge, be buggered. :rolleyes:[/quote]
:lol:
I love the 'bleddy'. :)

I used to know a lovely maid from S'nozzle.

Edited by Marvin

yep...studying at the Uni and finish this year...who knows what then...maybe more study (must be a glutton for punishment - I mean, I moved to Devon from Cornwall afterall!) :)

as for the lovely maid in S'nozzle...I agree theyre rare...but 10 a penny compared to Redruth :rolleyes:

[quote name='Hubster' post='760041' date='Feb 28 2010, 07:17 PM']Hey Rasta..another Plymouthian blow in...cool :) where ya from originally?[/quote]
I'm a Shropshire lad mate, not too different to Devon apart from the sea! Are you playing with a band? I play mainly reggae/dub & funky jam stuff with Circus of Sound, Tru Steppaz (Gig @ Annabels 1st May) & Daddy Teacha and the Rooticals (1st gig 24th April @ Maker Energy rooms, jus over the border in toi Kernow)

What ya studying? Would it be a swear word to say i'm ex-Marjon :rolleyes:

[quote name='Rasta' post='760060' date='Feb 28 2010, 07:32 PM']Are you playing with a band?

What ya studying? Would it be a swear word to say i'm ex-Marjon :rolleyes:[/quote]
Im in my final year of a Sociology degree at the moment...head down in the final push to finish lol..Marjons? ah, its not that bad lol...what did you study?

and noooo, not playing with a band yet...given time maybe, but Ive only just picked up the bass...know any good tutors locally? or fancy a beer and show me the basics sometime?? :)

[quote name='Hubster' post='756372' date='Feb 24 2010, 07:19 PM']Hi all...

I used to play drums many moons ago and sat down one day when my brother taught me a bassline to play just so he could practice his guitar...loved it!! that was about 16 years ago and I finally have got round to getting a bass :rolleyes:

look forward to chatting to anyone and everyone...but please excuse me if I come out with some dumb questions.. :)[/quote]

welcome mate,

its all true mate this is the place to be................

smurf

[quote name='obbm' post='760247' date='Feb 28 2010, 10:34 PM']Welcome. I lived my first 10 years in Newquay. It was a small quiet seaside town then but that was about 60 years ago.[/quote]

Nice one...My family has been down there for about 50+ years...great place but I agree, its changed loads now..Im not sure theres many places in the UK where people stagger round drunk at 10 am lol..but then the coucil shifted the focus to bring in the youngsters money... :)

So whereabouts are you these days?

[quote name='Hubster' post='760254' date='Feb 28 2010, 10:38 PM']So whereabouts are you these days?[/quote]

SW Surrey. Moved here when I was 11. Moved around a bit during the 60a and 70s then settled back here. It's very conevnient.