Why become a member? ×

looking to get some new cabs

0175westwood29

hey guys!

i have a aguliar db750 going thru a 610hlf.

i love this rig! and dnt want to change the cab.

but ive been offered a place in another band, and im think of getting a different cab setup for this gig.

maybe a couple of 15's? so i can get a much different sound to my 610? or maybe a couple of 212's?

and if im being honest for some of the bigger gigs my first band are going for it might be cool to have them all going thru my 750! or using them for my dirty rig when i finally get round to it!.

im a ampeg cab lover! but the 15's only seem to take 200w! and weight a bit!

theres the aguilar 115 and 212 which are about the same weight as the peg, but take 400w and 600w. although ive not played aguilar cabs? how do they sound?

i know mesa do a nice 15 but thats a bit to much money!

what would you guys go for?

Andy

[quote name='pantherairsoft' post='756367' date='Feb 24 2010, 07:17 PM']Ebs Neo 212. Awesome cab, uber light weight. Handles 600w. Tweeter if you need one... An there's one for sale on this forum if I'm not mistaken.

I own one and it's bloody fantastic![/quote]

do the cabs so hi fi? if thats the right word?

andy

The Neo range are slighty mid shy compared to thier proline cousins, bu I actually prefer that. The do a very good sold clean bottom end, but also handle a well tweeked EQ if you want to recreate your Ampeg clunk.

I've used ALOT of cabs... And was an ampeg and Markbass player for quite some time. But EBS have taken the lead by a lon way for me these days... And they are spook light for the power they handle!

[quote name='pantherairsoft' post='756389' date='Feb 24 2010, 07:31 PM']The Neo range are slighty mid shy compared to thier proline cousins, bu I actually prefer that. The do a very good sold clean bottom end, but also handle a well tweeked EQ if you want to recreate your Ampeg clunk.

I've used ALOT of cabs... And was an ampeg and Markbass player for quite some time. But EBS have taken the lead by a lon way for me these days... And they are spook light for the power they handle![/quote]

really ill have a look into them them i think, the only problem i can see is that they'll be to much dinero!

andy

[quote name='Musicman20' post='756642' date='Feb 24 2010, 11:35 PM']Id check the Aguilars....they are fantastic. I mean no disrespect to Ampeg but they are a step up...you will really notice the difference![/quote]

how much of a difference is there? can't find any sound clips of a db750 being played thru an aggie cab apart from people randomly playing live, or a jazz guy noodling which would be wrong for me to judge the cab for my needs from.

andy

[quote name='0175westwood29' post='760992' date='Mar 1 2010, 05:55 PM']how much of a difference is there? can't find any sound clips of a db750 being played thru an aggie cab apart from people randomly playing live, or a jazz guy noodling which would be wrong for me to judge the cab for my needs from.

andy[/quote]

Exactly! Which is why you need to try them out yourself with your own bass, cables, amp etc! :)