Why become a member? ×

New cabs for practice room and live use

razze06

Hi,

Our band is about to move into a shared practice space, and I'm looking to get a solid rig in there, and use it both for practice and for gigs.

When playing live, we mainly do small-medium private functions, with no PA support other than for vocals and acoustic guitar.
I currently use the tecamp rig in my signature, which is astonishingly good, but, surprise surprise, lacks low end kick when pushed a bit harder.
The Marshall cab I have gives me a fantastic warm tone with either the Peavey head or the Puma, but it's just not loud enough on its own.
I have thought of using the two cabs together with the peavey head, which does 2 ohm and has a crossover filter, but i'm not convinved that would get me a better result.

I don't need any particularly sparkly top end, but I like big low mids and I am partial to a bit of higher mids honk. I have recently tried a Hartke 2x15 XL in a shop, and found myself liking it, but at 400W into 4ohms, is it going to be loud enough in its undistorted range?
I also like cheap unusual pieces of kit, but room is somewhat limited...

Can you recommend me anything?
Cheers,
Marco

[quote name='chris_b' post='756036' date='Feb 24 2010, 01:10 PM']If the Tecamp is that good I'd get another 210. 2 will always sound better than 1. I would imagine a 410 Tecamp will give you all the bottom end you need.[/quote]

Fair point, only thing is that the cab is 4ohm and the puma head can't do 2ohm. The Peavey does though, mmhh...