Why become a member? ×

Fender Bassman 135 - on hold, again :)

umcoo

I was curious because it says minimum 'loads' on each output ie 4 on each, suggesting a 2 ohm minimum. But perhaps it is as you say 4 ohm (ie 2 8s). I'd like to have one of these one day, as an alternative to my AD200. Must keep an eye out in London though.

Edited by Tee

hello.

a.) It's 135 watts...valve watts mind, so they are perceived louder than solid state watts.

b.) Yes it is giggable, I practice with 2 guitars and a drummer with preamp on 10 and master at 3 or 4.

c.) Not sure what you mean about the 2x12...I'm running a 4ohm matamp 2x12, but it's not for sale. This is for sale for 400 collected.

ah ok, cool I misread 'where you can try it out through the Matamp 2x12...no obligation to buy!' to mean you were selling the 2x12.

hmmmmm, ooh I will have to think about this one!! So tempting! Though you are on the other side of england to me! I know what you mean about posting, though. - any idea what a courier would cost?

Huge Double Bump for this amazing amp.

I've had mine for over 10 years and will NEVER part with it. For most output it is definitely best to run it into a 4 ohm cab - i use a matching Bassman 2x15 cab that has been massively strengthened from original spec, which was always a bit flimsy. I also use it with an 8ohm 1x15 cab for smaller quieter gigs and recording.

NB. If you want grit and balls this amp has it in spades; but you gotta know how to get it. To do this:
- put bass into input 1 of bass channel.
- run a patch lead from input 2 of bass channel into input 1 of normal channel.
Congratulations, you have just hot-wired your amp to run both sides of the pre-amp valves, for extra grit, punch and volume.
Now run all settings at 10, if you dare!

The other great side of this amp is that you can keep it very clean at top volume, with little in the way of distortion.
So you can get max volume out of amp and you can always stick a good fuzz pedal in front if you want more gain and dirt.

Last thing; these amps do sound best when gain and power stages are both run above 7-8.

Whoever gets this amp is a very lucky person IMO.
Bumpety Bump!

[quote name='umcoo' post='783957' date='Mar 23 2010, 08:39 PM']It's getting picked up on Saturday, yes. Just keeping it 'on hold' until the money's in the bank![/quote]

Ahhh nightmare, been hunting for the 135 for ages, looks like im just gonna have to go with the 100, cheers anyways! Whoever bought this awsome little buy so enjoy!!!