Why become a member? ×

Need a powerfull bass amp!

Skinkemann

[quote name='chris_b' post='754715' date='Feb 23 2010, 09:18 AM']I don't know anyone who has ever had a problem running a separate amp and cab. That is the usual thing to do! The benefits are that you can add cabs if you need to and you can upgrade separately, which will save you money in the future.[/quote]

I agree 100%. Some amp / cab combinations sound better than others though.

[quote name='chris_b' post='754715' date='Feb 23 2010, 10:18 AM']I don't know anyone who has ever had a problem running a separate amp and cab. That is the usual thing to do! The benefits are that you can add cabs if you need to and you can upgrade separately, which will save you money in the future.[/quote]

Ah ok.. Well, leads me to more searching then :lol: :)

Found a real cheap [b][i]Peavey 3620 Bass Speaker Cabinet Enclosure 210 / 218[/i][/b]

And I think I'm gonna go for that, unless someone have something bad to say about it? (Please do if you do! Anything :rolleyes: )

But that leads me to the top. The cab is rated at 4 ohms and can handle 400 watts
What features should I then look for in a top?

[b]Everyone[/b] that replies, I appreciate it so much

[quote name='Skinkemann' post='754956' date='Feb 23 2010, 01:14 PM']Found a real cheap [b][i]Peavey 3620 Bass Speaker Cabinet Enclosure 210 / 218[/i][/b]

And I think I'm gonna go for that, unless someone have something bad to say about it? (Please do if you do! Anything :) )[/quote]

Looks enormous and heavy. Are you sure you can fit that in your car and carry it in and out of the house / venues on your own?

[quote name='Skinkemann' post='754956' date='Feb 23 2010, 01:14 PM']Found a real cheap [b][i]Peavey 3620 Bass Speaker Cabinet Enclosure 210 / 218[/i][/b]
[b]Everyone[/b] that replies, I appreciate it so much[/quote]

Two eighteens and two tens?!?!?!?! IN ONE CAB?!?! :) It must be enormous and weigh a huge amount! Unless you have roadies or are built like Arnie I would steer well clear!!

Edited by Conan

And I think I'm gonna go for that, unless someone have something bad to say about it? (Please do if you do! Anything :) )

But that leads me to the top. The cab is rated at 4 ohms and can handle 400 watts[/quote]

That sounds like it should be on cat tracks,have a front mounted machine gun and an anti-tank gun turret! :lol:
Still, probably loud enough to loosen a few bowels-even if it isnt, it´ll have the same effect when people get a look at it!
Seriously though, if it can´t be transported without an army of immensely strong roadie-types, i´d leave it.
Peavey do make some great gear though. :rolleyes:

Edited by basshead56

[quote name='Skinkemann' post='755004' date='Feb 23 2010, 01:53 PM']Oh woops, didn't think of that. Thanks lol. The price was just really nice so I thought "woah nice, give give give!"[/quote]

I'm not saying "don't buy it" - that's your call. Just do a bit of research first or you could end up with something quite different from what you wanted! :)

[quote name='Conan' post='755081' date='Feb 23 2010, 03:16 PM']I'm not saying "don't buy it" - that's your call. Just do a bit of research first or you could end up with something quite different from what you wanted! :)[/quote]
Yeah, research is definitely wise!

I bought an Ampeg 8x10 years ago, then went out and bought an Astra estate to get it around in. I didn't bother measuring either beforehand though... The cab with flightcase was 2" too big for the car I'd bought especially for it! doh!! :rolleyes: