Why become a member? ×

Hallooo

Adam.M

Hey,

I've been looking high and dry for a bass forum i used to be on years ago when i first started my musical adventure, bass world.

Sad to hear it's gone, but glad it's risen like a phoenix in another name!

Anyway, i'm adam, from leeds west yorkshire, 1985 vintage (good year!) etc etc.

Started playing bass when i were 17 years old, then deviated to the dark side of guitar up until a while ago and now I'm fully committed to playing bass now that i actually understand what the bassists job is within a band.

And my current rig is, a Stagg P/J bass through a Zoom G1 unit into my Denon hi-fi... and it's actually not all that bad, though the bass is 5 years old now and i've tweeked to be as good as it ever can be...

It's weird how it's just recently clicked how awesome bass is, and how petty the people who joke about bassists are. All western musicians have to learn exactly the same stuff, all the same chords all the same scales, the same language, the instruments are just a different way of translating that language and knowledge into sound. And bass is certainly my most enjoyable instrument for that! Its sexy.

Anyway, i'm babbling as always.

Ciao.