Why become a member? ×

Fender Precision (MEX) 2009 model

neptunehealer

Ok, i have finally upgraded my bass amp, now i am seeking a value for money decent bass guitar to do it justice.
I am looking at the model mentioned, as on gak they are about £380 which is quoite a good price i believe.
I know people say try before you buy, but living here the music shops are crap and i alos love a certain colour in this range.
Before i hand over my money, does anyone hazve an opinion on these, and will i have to sack the pups.

Thanks in advance

Nep

Well they look great, I especially like the maple board option. I've heard nothing but good about them however. I've not tried one yet though.

FWIW I bought a 2002 MIM P off the bay a couple of years ago, thought it may turn out to be a POS, it's one of the best basses I've owned!

For the new ones I really like the White/Maple combo!

[quote name='BurritoBass' post='752187' date='Feb 20 2010, 02:37 PM']I like them and certainly think they are well worth the money. The beauty of a P-bass is that it a good set up usually means you have a great instrument. The MIM standards are fine. If you want to modify it the pups or the bridge are the only real adjustments you could consider[/quote]

Don't forget a set of good flats! :)

Yes Andy Rourke did have one and if it's good enough for him and all that.
Well i play a P-Copy so this will be a massive upgrade for me. I also love the white/mapel combo and that is what i shall plum for.
Just hoping, when i buy the set-up is good and the action is nice.
I was thinking of trying a jazz for a change, but this model looks too nice, plus a you know what to expect with a good trusty p.

You will find that necks and bodies on the MIM are actually machined in the US and shipped to Mex for assembly and finishing so if you get a good 'un it will be a GOOD 'un. Get a bad 'un and boy it will be so average......

Your money, your choice buying into Fender.

But then a P is a P, is a P............ So as long as the wood bits are good then the rest can be sorted out of you are patient enough.