Why become a member? ×

Fender Jazz 62 RI US MIJ

Henrys

• 2 weeks later...

Superb and reasonable sponding... a browner tort would be nicer but hey! What's the under pickguard routing like?

Show us a pic of the back of the headstock please.

Get the ashtrays and tugbar on... if only to take them off and leave the holes!

Edited by bh2

[quote name='Henrys' post='747581' date='Feb 16 2010, 06:30 PM']Second hand from, Ishibashi Japan, looks like new.[/quote]

This wouldn't be the first time a 'second hand' bass seemed completely brand new. I bought a Jazz from Ishibashi and it arrived virtually factory fresh. They are not allowed to sell new ones and so calling a new one 'used' allows them to sell abroad - probably. Either that or Japanese bassists buy them new and then just don't play them - at all - before handing them back to the shop.

When I have emailed them enquiring about the condition of any basses, they always seem to respond with the same answer along the lines of "few scratches, frets about 90%". When one of these actually arrived, it was immaculate - no scratches, no fretwear at all.

Wierd.

[quote name='bh2' post='756767' date='Feb 25 2010, 10:20 AM']Superb and reasonable sponding... a browner tort would be nicer but hey! What's the under pickguard routing like?

Show us a pic of the back of the headstock please.

Get the ashtrays and tugbar on... if only to take them off and leave the holes![/quote]

No ashtrays and tugbar, for me.
This the right pickguard, imo.

Edited by Henrys