Why become a member? ×

Affordable rack mounted multi-fx

dirtystatic

Hi all,

I'm after a multi-fx for my setup that can handle chorus, flange, delay and reverb. I don't want to break the bank so I'm only after cheaper units, though I don't mind buying second hand. Ideally I want to spend less than £200, do let us know if this is completely unrealistic.

I've got a T-Rex Bass Juice, Bass Big Muff, Punch Factory and Korg tuner, so I'm sorted for fuzz/dist/comp/tuner.. plus I have particular wahs and envelopes I'm interested in so I won't be relying on it for those.

I'd also like to be able to control it with an external board.

Any suggestions?

Cheers!

the tc electronics g-major looks great and may be worth goin over budget for.

i love the sounds i'm getting from my t-rex, punch factory and bass muff.. and past experience with multi-fx has taught me their distortions and fuzzes are generally pretty sh*te - so ideally i'd like to keep my existing pedals. if i do how would i go about setting my signal chain up? i'd of thought runing through my pedals then into the rack fx would be great for delays/reverbs etc etc, but isn't it recommended things like octavers needs to come first in the chain?

Digitech Studio Quad.

Great bit of kit!! And there's one going for a song on [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DIGITECH-STUDIO-QUAD-V2-MULTI-FX-4-FX-IN-ONE-BOX-WOW_W0QQitemZ350313588338QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Musical_Instruments_Outboards_Effects_MJ?hash=item5190512672"]the bay[/url] at the moment.

Edited by tombboy

[quote name='dirtystatic' post='746186' date='Feb 15 2010, 06:04 PM'].. and past experience with multi-fx has taught me their distortions and fuzzes are generally pretty sh*te - so ideally i'd like to keep my existing pedals.[/quote]

Same here! I'm adding pedals specifically for distortion to my rack and will be 'remote switching' them via my TC G-Major 2, so they are not down on the floor.

[quote name='dood' post='747324' date='Feb 16 2010, 03:17 PM']Same here! I'm adding pedals specifically for distortion to my rack and will be 'remote switching' them via my TC G-Major 2, so they are not down on the floor.[/quote]

This sounds interesting... I'll delve a little deeper when I get on a proper internet connection