Why become a member? ×

Where can I find a US jazz V in olympic white?

Prince_phil

Hi
Im looking to find a US 2008/2009/2010 five string Jazz bass but can't find one in the UK for love nor money! Has anyone seen one in a local store? Ive tried all the usual suspects but they all say they would have to order one in from Fender which I might have to end up doing.

Alternatively if anyone spots a used one anywhere Id be very interested!

cheers

Phil

Thomann have them in stock.

Not quite the UK but they offer a very fast service, normally under a week. I got my P5 and previous 3 basses from them and cant really fault them

[url="http://www.thomann.de/gb/fender_american_standard_jbassv_rwo.htm"]Jazz V[/url]

Edited by dave_bass5

Cheers- when you want a particular model you can't find it anywhere and when I finally get one a good few will probably turn up for sale here! Im not in a massive hurry- I could order from Thomann but when ordering via mail order I always check out the returns policy and shipping to Germany would be expensive if I didn't like it...

[quote name='Prince_phil' post='746932' date='Feb 16 2010, 10:04 AM']Cheers- when you want a particular model you can't find it anywhere and when I finally get one a good few will probably turn up for sale here! Im not in a massive hurry- I could order from Thomann but when ordering via mail order I always check out the returns policy and shipping to Germany would be expensive if I didn't like it...[/quote]

Thats the good thing about Thomanns. They have a no quibble 30 day return period and they pay for the return. You just email them you want to send it back and they email you the labels. You just call up UPS and arrange a pickup.
Even if they have to order the bass in. I had two Laklands at home at one point. I kept one while i was waiting for another to arrive. I ended up sending the first one back.
Ive sent two basses back to them in the past, no trouble at all.

Edited by dave_bass5

[quote name='Sibob' post='746963' date='Feb 16 2010, 10:35 AM']Voxpop bought a 2010 OW model from Reading Guitar Works just recently!
Although I'm sure he mentioned that it was the last one Fender had in stock....or something!?

Si[/quote]

I bought the last one Fender had in stock..........sorry.

Thomann pay for the shipping? I was under the impression that the buyer had to pay for it.
[url="http://www.thomann.de/gb/tho_agb.html?sid=53d8a60c9674d20731a2f59411384c9f"]http://www.thomann.de/gb/tho_agb.html?sid=...1a2f59411384c9f[/url]

Anyone any comments about these? I take it the US ones are nicer than the MIM ones? Its between this and a Sadowsky 5 but they're really expensive- I could buy a US Jazz and new pickups for a lot less...

Ummmm, no?. It says that the shipping is free within Germany.
"United Kingdom = 10.00 EUR"
Although just read that: "Free shipping on orders of 199.- EUR and more."

I love my 2009 Jazz 5 Std.
I even think the pickups are great!.
To be honest, the Sadowskys are obviously great, but they're active. If I wanted an active Jazz 5, I'd get a Sad, if I wanted a passive Jazz 5, I'd still go with my one!

Si

[quote name='Sibob' post='747001' date='Feb 16 2010, 10:57 AM']Ummmm, no?. It says that the shipping is free within Germany.

To be honest, the Sadowskys are obviously great, but they're active. If I wanted an active Jazz 5, I'd get a Sad, if I wanted a passive Jazz 5, I'd still go with my one!

Si[/quote]

Ummmm, well as i said, ive used them a few times and ive returned two basses and one amp so........

[quote name='Sibob' post='747001' date='Feb 16 2010, 10:57 AM']Ummmm, no?. It says that the shipping is free within Germany.

Si[/quote]

I love the passive tone this bass gives.
I made a few subtle changes though.......

I changed the cap on the tone pot to a .1uf and this gives a darker more rounded tone.

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230426031691&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...e=STRK:MEWNX:IT[/url]

If you can find one ......................but it, its FAB

Edited by voxpop

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='747032' date='Feb 16 2010, 11:15 AM']Ummmm, well as i said, ive used them a few times and ive returned two basses and one amp so........[/quote]

Sorry, missed your initial post! :)

I've never used Thomann, mainly from an ideology standpoint. Support your bricks-and-morter music shops etc.
But at least they have decent returns policies in place!

Si

[quote name='Sibob' post='747043' date='Feb 16 2010, 11:25 AM']Sorry, missed your initial post! :)

I've never used Thomann, mainly from an ideology standpoint. Support your bricks-and-morter music shops etc.
But at least they have decent returns policies in place!

Si[/quote]

No problem.
It does say Germany on the website but they also cover the UK as well.
Im all for supporting my local music shop, and my last two basses were from real shops but i also feel safer using Thomanns as if i cant get to try something out first i know i wont be stuck with it. You cant say that about most shops.
When i was looking around for my OW Fender P5 all the shops i called over here said they can get hold of them but i would have to buy it and couldn't return it as it was a special order. and these were shops advertising it on their websites.

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='747054' date='Feb 16 2010, 11:34 AM']No problem.
It does say Germany on the website but they also cover the UK as well.
Im all for supporting my local music shop, and my last two basses were from real shops but i also feel safer using Thomanns as if i cant get to try something out first i know i wont be stuck with it. You cant say that about most shops.
When i was looking around for my OW Fender P5 all the shops i called over here said they can get hold of them but i would have to buy it and couldn't return it as it was a special order. and these were shops advertising it on their websites.[/quote]

Yeah, it's tough catch-22!
Music shops on the most-part haven't really reacted to the internet, in a similar way to record labels haven't reacted to digital music. I actually tend to buy most things second hand it as to be said, but I try my best to 'buy-local' :)

Anyway, we've veered!

Si