Why become a member? ×

1978 FENDER JAZZ USA BARGIN BASS £1200

ian

Hi all
This is my 1978 jazz bass .its a great bass with a great vibe i have had it a few years now i bought it from the gallery in londonand it was up for £1800 im not
looking for £1200 or may consider trades for your 4 or 5 strings basses this really is a great bass all original and had a battery compartment fitted at some point but again this was like it when i bought if from the gallery you are more then welcome to come and try the bass in kent many thanks ian[attachment=42625:DSC00418.JPG][attachment=42620:DSC00422.JPG]

Edited by ian

[quote name='ian' post='747026' date='Feb 16 2010, 11:10 AM']is this over priced ? many thanks[/quote]

I think you should sell for what you think it's worth Ian, plenty of basses are listed for months on here before they go. I've heard from a member whose played it that it's an outstanding bass, so probably not something you want to let go cheap. Problem as far as most are concerned I imagine is the battery compartment. I think some pics of what's under the both the non-original plate on the back and the pickguard might help? That plate on the back doesn't scream minor mod! As soon as a vintage bass gets modded it either gets very hard to sell at a decent price (as you're finding), or has to be sold a bit cheaper. If it's all original you could probably get a decent price splitting it and selling on ebay to be honest (check out what the US dealers get for their '70s Fender parts, mad). To be honest, it's not a great time to be selling full stop anyway!

Good luck mate

Chris

many thanks chris for the feedback i have just orderd a new battery compartment which will fit straight into the hole .it did have one when i bought the bass from the gallery but i took it out and lost it .but the gallery did tell me the bass is all original and it was up for the price of £1800 i still have the receipt to .like i say it probverly does look a bit scary so the battery compartment is on order and ill post a pic with the hole exposed .many thanks again for the feed back to you and molan

• 2 months later...

this bass is great just now looking for a change but need the money to move on lol i had hoped to kepp this as a investment but there you go lol .anyway like i said before you are welcome to come to kent to try this bass and have a cuppa tea lol thanks

[quote name='ian' post='828533' date='May 5 2010, 03:28 PM']or trade for a pre ernie ball[/quote]
I've played his baby, and it's worth every penny, this ia a great bass that plays and feels 100% as it should.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...