Why become a member? ×

Acoustic 260 Bass Mini Stack

merello

I had a play through one of these a couple of weeks back in Guitar Center in the US - not bad, although kinda gimmicky. It's the practice amp for someone who bought the big Acoustic with the 8x10" (which is actually rather good, and very cheap in the US). No idea if they'll be selling them outsite the US though. The power supplies are 110V only right now.

I also played through the baby Ampeg rig - twice the price, but I'd say probably useful for more than practice.

I'm a big fan of Acoustic stuff, and looked at the prospect of getting a new B200H. There is one website that says it will ship worldwide (I think it was music123, there is a link on the Acoustic site) but it all seemed a bit daunting to me. There is also the voltage issue to overcome, and there would certainly be major ball-ache if it went wrong, which is quite likely from what I've read!

Probably not worth the effort for one of the small combo's or the mini 260 rig.

Mind you, if they ever do find a UK distributor, I'll be the first in the queue.

[quote name='bumnote' post='742589' date='Feb 11 2010, 10:13 PM'][url="http://unofficialacousticcontrolcorpmessageboard.yuku.com/topic/2634/t/Acoustic-260-mini-stack-review.html"]http://unofficialacousticcontrolcorpmessag...ack-review.html[/url]

Some comments here[/quote]
Cheers Bumnote!