Why become a member? ×

"Feeler" Gibson Les Paul Deluxe 1991

Clarky72

Just thinking about moving this on and seeing what interest there is out there for it.

Its a rare 1991 pre-production model, it was bought from the Gibson HQ in New York. It is what became the Les Paul Deluxe model, albeit with a few differences.

Mine doesn't have the solid all over colour or solid all over stain like the others. Its solid black everywhere except the top which is a dark brown translucent stained top. Also, its loaded with active Bartolini humbuckers. The headstock doesn't have 'Les Paul' etched into the truss rod cover, but it does have the mother of pearl flourish on the headstock. Complete with full Gibson hardcase. I can get some better photos taken of it if you need to see, these were just a few quick shots with the blackberry camera.

It sounds truly immense... pumped through the SVT there's nothing like it I've ever heard!

Its serial is 93381317.
Nashville Plant, TN, USA
December 4th, 1991
Production Number: 17

I'd be looking to get around £1500 if I do let it go, either that or maybe do a trade-in for another great bass.

Other basses I would consider trading for:
Fender Jazz
MusicMan Stingray
G&L Jazz
Lakland Joe Osborn
Kubicki Ex-Factor

They must be 4-string, and maple fingerboards though. (aside the Kubicki, not an option as far as i know). Ideally I'd want a black/black/maple finish.

Cheers, and thanks for looking.
Steve

Edited by Clarky72

Thanks for all the messages. I've decided i will definitely sell this one or do a trade if you are interested. I'm looking for a trade with:

Fender Jazz
MusicMan Stingray
G&L Jazz
Lakland Joe Osborn
Kubicki Ex-Factor

Cheers
Steve

Here's some much better pictures, plus these show the case. The case does clearly have some wear, and you can see the light scuff on the back of the bass body, plus the tiny chip of the top of the back of the headstock.

Edited by Clarky72