Why become a member? ×

Rust...!

farmer61

[quote name='farmer61' post='740947' date='Feb 10 2010, 08:16 AM']My MM Stingray is suffering from rusty screws on the pick guard and also there is a hint of it (I think) on the bridge, I guess the screws can be replaced, but any great tips on how to clean it up?

[u]I think it may have come from the string cleaning spray I use[/u]???[/quote]

[url="http://www.tunemybass.com/strings/how_to_clean_bass_strings.html"]How to clean bass strings.[/url]

[quote name='farmer61' post='740947' date='Feb 10 2010, 01:16 PM']My MM Stingray is suffering from rusty screws on the pick guard and also there is a hint of it (I think) on the bridge, I guess the screws can be replaced, but any great tips on how to clean it up?

I think it may have come from the string cleaning spray I use???[/quote]

Given your name I thought this might be a thread about your winter wheat....?

[quote name='neepheid' post='740951' date='Feb 10 2010, 01:21 PM']Try soaking the screws in diet coke (cheap stuff'll do) for a few hours. Rinse and dry thoroughly before putting them back :)[/quote]

+1 and coat them in some light oil to slow the return of the rust (works on push bike chains) :rolleyes: