Why become a member? ×

350 watt, 2x10 bass combos

HollyDTVGE

[quote name='HollyDTVGE' post='741344' date='Feb 10 2010, 07:22 PM']not too worried about that, i'm currently sewing pedal board cases for 2 friends and i made my own wooden pedal board with lid so i'm careful in terms of that, it'd be more so the unit as a whole would take up less space and would depend on what i got, for example i'd make small runners for the amp to fit in inside the cab if there was room. still lots to figure out.[/quote]

Funnily enough, I bought a separate head and cab because of the issue of room (and options for future expansion). Yeah, a combo might take up slightly less room, but with separates you have more manoeuvrability. I don't think a GK700RB-II/210 combo would fit in my fiesta, but I think (hope) the 210RBH will go in the boot and I can have the rack case on the back seat (though really I could do with a shallow one, but maybe in time).

[quote name='ThomBassmonkey' post='741372' date='Feb 10 2010, 07:42 PM']Funnily enough, I bought a separate head and cab because of the issue of room (and options for future expansion). Yeah, a combo might take up slightly less room, but with separates you have more manoeuvrability. I don't think a GK700RB-II/210 combo would fit in my fiesta, but I think (hope) the 210RBH will go in the boot and I can have the rack case on the back seat (though really I could do with a shallow one, but maybe in time).[/quote]

Hi
I have experience using the SWR Super Redhead and Ampeg BA500 and can recommend them both. I have sent you a mail, but in summary I would say that the SWR is more suited to recording and the Ampeg to live performance.
Regards

[quote name='HollyDTVGE' post='740364' date='Feb 9 2010, 08:54 PM']yeah, after much thinking and hours of looking at diabolically large amps i reckon i'm going to go for a mini amp and cab seperates and sort out storing the head inside the cab for touring etc. so now i'm looking at valve heads possibly. hmmm.

thank you very much for the help though. i saw a previous thread on here about small amps so i'm going to scope that one out and do further research. god damn, i am so sick of looking at ebay.[/quote]
Would you be interested in a Tecamp Puma 350 I bought on a whim thinking it might be a light weight replacement for my heavy weight Eden. Its 3 months old never been gigged only a couple of rehersals would include the case its in, absolutly mint condition and only weighs 2.4Kg.
[attachment=42422:DSC00700.JPG]

John

If you're keen on having a combo which tilts back - well, you could either buy a normal combo and a stand which tilts back or these Fender tiltback legs you can screw onto the side of your combo. Might need some thought about where you drill the holes.

[url="http://www.fender.com/products/search.php?partno=0990714000"]http://www.fender.com/products/search.php?partno=0990714000[/url]

Edited by skankdelvar