Why become a member? ×

Ibanez Axstar for sale

ialma

Yeah, I have an original passive 1986 Ibanez Axstar
for sale, since I'm reducing my headless basses collection.
It's absolutely the lightest headless I've ever tried (and I've tried many) and does not require double ball end strings, which is a joy.
If you need a great sounding light travel instrument look no further.

[url="http://extinguishedscholar.com/docs/axstar86.pdf"]IBANEZ AXSTAR CATALOGUE 1986[/url]

Some scratches here and there (it's 25 years old!) which do not affect playability at all.
More photos next days.

[s]Asking 350£[/s], open to trades if you have a Eden or a Markbass head to sell (+ cash on my side of course)
A small Gallien Krueger 150 will do the trick also.

Now asking 300£ because I need this to move FAST

Thank you!

Edited by ialma

[quote name='Bassassin' post='734380' date='Feb 3 2010, 07:20 PM']You really don't see many of these! Very unusual & cool. Well - I think so!

Not entirely sure but I think these pre-date the Kubicki Factor by a couple of years. Make of that what you will... :)

Jon.[/quote]

It came out during the Steinberger craze in the 80s. FWIW, Phil Kubicki designed a headless bass for Fender when he was an employee in the 70s way before Ned Steinberger met Vinnie Fodera and Stuart Spector.

Hi,

How cool is that?

Is it the AXB50 or AXB60?

It's got the potential to add bendwell to it !!! Add yourself a status nut with the rotating wheels, and there you go! ;-)

Is shipping price to the UK included in the price?

Cheers, Lee

Edited by lscolman

Yes the bass is COOL!
This bass is an AX50. Passive electronics as mentioned in the ad and a beautiful dark rosewood fretboard.
No, shipping is not included but we can talk about it :)
Cheers!

Edited by ialma