Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Replacing stock Aerodyne pickups, please help

mashup

Hello fellow Bassmen/women

Moving on from a previous post of mine, where i was considering trading in my Aerodyne for a G & L L200, as i was in search for more tone, i have decided to just upgrade the pickups on my Aerodyne instead. I have already upgraded the stock Jazz pickup to a "Hum cancelling" DiMarzio UltraJazz, which hasn't actually cancelled any hum at all, but maybe this is down to additional cavity shielding being needed. I had the UltraJazz professionally installed, so i know that the grounding has been done properly.

Anyways....My question is, what would be, in your opinion, the absolute best p/j pickup set that i could buy to replace my current pickup configuration?

And also, does anyone know where in Surrey/South London i can take my Aerodyne to be fully cavity shielded/Grounded by a professional?

As an alternative, If i were to get my Jazz professionally shielded/Grounded, and it really minimized the Hum on the DiMarzio, I may keep it installed and need to only replace the Stock P pickup. If i were to do this, what would be the best P pickup to replace it with?

Thanks for reading my thread, and please, i need your help,

Mat

[quote name='neepheid' post='732874' date='Feb 2 2010, 01:14 PM']I'd get the shielding sorted out before you make any further decisions about upgrades.[/quote]

I will second that!

Both my Jazzes have Dimarzios fitted and they are totally hum free.

[quote name='mashup' post='732729' date='Feb 2 2010, 11:43 AM']And also, does anyone know where in Surrey/South London i can take my Aerodyne to be fully cavity shielded/Grounded by a professional?[/quote]

Go to [url="http://guitar-xperience.com/onlinestore/"]Charlie Chandler[/url], he's an absolute gent and does all the stars. Tell him I sent you.