Why become a member? ×

Nemesis NA320

oldslapper

Bought the above amp here a few months ago, it's had very light use and never been out of the house as I use another amp for gigs, but 4 weeks ago it made a horrible loud buzz and died.
Took it to a local tech who said the power amp section is knackered.
He's got diagrams sent from Eden, but none match what's under the chassis, as the diagrams show upgraded circuits.
He reckoned on at least £100 repair, which I think is not worth spending as the amp would probably sell for no more than £150.

Has anyone else had problems with this series of Nemesis amps?
I noticed that they don't come up often and that the new Nemesis range looks different.
Anyone know where else I can get a circuit diagram for the NA series?
I am a technical ludite, and have to have anything technical explained slowly and with cartoons.
Not sure what to do, scrap it and put it down to experience?
bah!

[quote name='Ancient Mariner' post='726947' date='Jan 27 2010, 09:44 PM']I went looking for a schema but my usual sources turned up blank. Next I tried the [url="http://www.eden-electronics.com/forum/default.asp"]Eden forum[/url] and it seems this is not an unusual problem, however the solution given is 'send it back'. Sorry that's of no real help.[/quote]

Thanks. That's helpful as I didn't know there was one, I'll check it out.
It would appear that this model had issues that led to various changes to the range. The current Nemesis range is quite different inside. The tech I took it to said that the "ratings" of the various components were not standard either.
I can see this heading for the bin.

[quote name='oldslapper' post='726974' date='Jan 27 2010, 10:12 PM']Thanks. That's helpful as I didn't know there was one, I'll check it out.
It would appear that this model had issues that led to various changes to the range. The current Nemesis range is quite different inside. The tech I took it to said that the "ratings" of the various components were not standard either.
I can see this heading for the bin.[/quote]

That's a shame. I can't really help unfortunately as I build valve amps, but don't really know where to start with SS jobbies.