Why become a member? ×

Sandberg JM5 California FS/FT ***SOLD***

Mace

EDIT - SOLD

Bought this here for £700 so would want the same back, she's still in lovely condition and plays like a dream - the tone options available are amazing, does P, J and MM easily and is a real head turner. Also included in the sale is heavy duty Sandberg bag.

Pictures below are from the previous owner's ad (cheers Pete!), nothing's changed since I've owned it as I've only gigged it twice, otherwise I'd been at home getting the odd spank so she's probably wasted on me

EDIT - I'm also semi-open to trade suggestions but am pretty fussy/specific so would only be interested in 5 strings of a smiliar value/quality along the lines of Warwick Corvettes/Thumbs, a Gary Willis signature Ibanez + £££, or rosewood necked Stingrays... not looking for another Jazz sorry

Will post at buyer's expense/risk although would prefer collection from Bristol - could meet/deliver somewhere on the way from Bristol and Chipping Norton in the week, if it's not too far out of the way too...

Cheers

Ieuan

Edited by ieuanmacey

[quote name='P-T-P' post='725208' date='Jan 26 2010, 02:27 PM']Great bass and Ieuan is a top bloke too, even if he is a numpty and didn't swap this for my Corvette when I had it for sale lol[/quote]

Really wanted the Corvette mate, just couldn't live with the wine red colour and I had the pleasure of playing it too :-/

[quote name='PauBass' post='725347' date='Jan 26 2010, 04:11 PM']:)

Very tasty bass you have there Sir!

What's the neck like on this bass? I mean, rounded Fender type, flat ala Lakland...

Do you know the string spacing?[/quote]

Indeed and thanks!

Will check and come back to you re string spacing - might be a day or two though sorry... [url="http://www.sandberg-guitars.de/basscat-overview/calj-series"]check this out [/url] in the meantime?

The neck is a bit wider than my old 5 string Stingray, with a similar profile and a smidge shallower I reckon but this is just a guess/feeling without the two being in my possession to compare

Hope this helps!

[quote name='P-T-P' post='725208' date='Jan 26 2010, 02:27 PM']Great bass and Ieuan is a top bloke too, even if he is a numpty and didn't swap this for my Corvette when I had it for sale lol[/quote]

Thanks Pete, was v tempted by your Corvette but as I think I mentioned when I was buying your JBL's, I've never loved red basses, stained or solid so couldn't bring myself to do it! Was a lovely bass to play too, really opened my eyes to Warwick...

[quote name='haruki' post='725676' date='Jan 26 2010, 08:22 PM']Hi - that looks nice -would you be interested in a lakland jo5 with j retro...like this..

[attachment=41230:music_stuff_007.JPG][/quote]

Sorry, don't think I'm into another Jazz so thanks for the interest, I'll politely decline

Best wishes

[quote name='trevthebass' post='726246' date='Jan 27 2010, 12:51 PM']hi mate would you fancy a swap for a stingray 5 fretless or a fender u.s.a.precision special bass.

regards.

trev.[/quote]

Hi Trev, now we're talking... would love to see some pics of your Stingray, very tempting

Drop me a PM?