Why become a member? ×

Recommended 4-channel amp?

anjellara

Here's my setup:

- Pioneer AVIC-D3 deck
- 6.5" Alpine Type-R components up front (SPR-17S)
- Alpine 5.25" Type-R speakers in the rear (SPR-13C)

I am leaning against running a sub, so I want to make sure that my speakers are properly powered. I don't want to spend a lot of money, but I want the speakers to be run to their full potential or close to it for a reasonable price. Not just running off the deck.

To me, a lot of 4 channel amps seem the same or very similar - I'm just looking to max out my setup without going to a sub setup. I'll probably pick something up on eBay or Craigslist in new or lightly used condition. Alpine, JL Audio, etc. preferred.

Suggestions appreciated!

[quote name='anjellara' post='723784' date='Jan 25 2010, 05:15 AM']Here's my setup:

- Pioneer AVIC-D3 deck
- 6.5" Alpine Type-R components up front (SPR-17S)
- Alpine 5.25" Type-R speakers in the rear (SPR-13C)

I am leaning against running a sub, so I want to make sure that my speakers are properly powered. I don't want to spend a lot of money, but I want the speakers to be run to their full potential or close to it for a reasonable price. Not just running off the deck.

To me, a lot of 4 channel amps seem the same or very similar - I'm just looking to max out my setup without going to a sub setup. I'll probably pick something up on eBay or Craigslist in new or lightly used condition. Alpine, JL Audio, etc. preferred.

Suggestions appreciated![/quote]
I think you may be in the wrong forum mate!

Those seem to be in car entertainment stuff and this forum is for Bass guitarists!

[quote name='2x18' post='723808' date='Jan 25 2010, 08:11 AM']I think you may be in the wrong forum mate!

Those seem to be in car entertainment stuff and this forum is for Bass guitarists![/quote]

^this.

Seriously mate have you even tried a car forum? I think most people on here would just tell you to shove an 800w powered mixer and a couple of 2x10 cabs in the boot. Or just leave it on your hifi at home.