Why become a member? ×

Markbass LMK and footswitch

franzbassist

Excellent condition Markbass LMK two channel amp, bought new from The Gallery earlier this year (I still have the receipt).

Each channel has the following eq:
[list]
[*]LOW (centre frequency: 40 Hz; level: ±16 dB)
[*]LOW MID (centre frequency: 360 Hz, level: ±16 dB)
[*]HIGH MID (centre frequency: 800 Hz, level: ±16 dB)
[*]HIGH 10 kHz shelf; level -16 dB
[*]Variable Pre-shape Filter - classic smiley bass and treble boost with a centre frequency cut at 380 Hz
[/list]Channel 1 also has the Vintage Loudspeaker Emulator, which is basically a treble cut

WIDTH 10.87 in. / 27.6 cm
DEPTH 10in. / 25.6 cm
HEIGHT 2.8 in. / 7.1 cm
WEIGHT 6.39 lbs / 2.9 kg

OUTPUT POWER 300W RMS @ 8 ohm, 500W RMS @ 4 ohm

Clean and loud. A few light scratches here and there but nothing untoward and absolutely no issues.

Includes MB footswitch (channel select/mute).

£735 new including the footswitch. I'd like [b]£445 plus postage[/b] (in MB box).

Only selling as I now have the more acoustic-friendly (i.e. notch filter, phase and phantom powered mic input) EA Doubler.

I'll give it a week on here before it goes to eBay.

Edited by walbassist

[quote name='Pete Academy' post='727610' date='Jan 28 2010, 03:09 PM']A bump for you, mate. I find it hard to believe this amp is still unsold. I already have one...awesome!

I paid £475 for mine, which was still a bargain.[/quote]

I´d be all over this if it had a post EQ out. The two channels must give an amazing array of sounds though.

Think I will just have to wait for a shuttlemax instead.

[quote name='mansfield' post='727850' date='Jan 28 2010, 05:22 PM']Am I missing something? The Mark Bass website suggests that "the balanced XLR output on the LMK is POST-EQ and cannot be modified!"[/quote]

My apologies, I thought I had read somewhere that the Markbass website was incorrect. After a bit of searching it seems the website has now been fixed and correctly states that it is definately POST EQ. If its still there in 6 weeks when I return to the UK (or can find the cash and wire it before then) then I will make walbassist an offer.

Edited by ukbassboy

[quote name='walbassist' post='730159' date='Jan 30 2010, 10:36 PM']Would also be interested in a 1x12 combo of similar value. Tubes would be nice.[/quote]

These are fantastic amps for those players who switch between upright & bs/gtr.
I can plug direct with various urb pickups without the need for a pre amp, and they sound amazing with fenders or active basses.

Highly reccommended.
And lightweight too!

And Gareth is a top guy to deal with.