Why become a member? ×

2002 EB Musicman Stingray Black/Black/Maple

lateralus462

I'm selling my Musicman Stingray 3EQ - I got it from Molan on here around December 2008 but as much as I love the sound, I'm struggling to get on with it and end up playing my other basses more.

This bass is in seriously good condition, with only a couple of minor marks and some very slight buckle rash on the back (but nothing that really even gets through the laquer) The neck is absolutely perfect.

It has been modified slightly with the addition of a Hipshot D-Tuner and also the installation of a coil tap - this gives you 2 extremely usable sounds at ther flick of a switch - one is obviously the Stingray as god intended it and the other is more, well like a single coil 3 band Stingray I guess!!

Salewise I reckon I'd let it go for [b]£675[/b] - either that or trade for a nice electric guitar.

It's probably worth noting I haven't got the original MM case for this, but it comes with a fully serviceable Hiscox Liteflite hard case.

I've used Barrie's (Molan's) pics, cos the camera I have at the moment is rubbish (hope he doesn't mind) - but the bass is in pretty much exactly the same condition as when I bought it.

Edited by lateralus462

Hi,

Your probably not interested but I have a 2008 USA Fender Jazz in excellent condition with original Fender Hardcase?

Cheers,

Steve.[quote name='lateralus462' post='720919' date='Jan 22 2010, 10:34 AM']If anyone has a 1980 Peavey T-40 bass (or a T-60 guitar) that they'd like to trade (obviously plus some cash my way) that would be grand.[/quote]

[quote name='bassatnight' post='721149' date='Jan 22 2010, 01:29 PM']Hi,

Your probably not interested but I have a 2008 USA Fender Jazz in excellent condition with original Fender Hardcase?

Cheers,

Steve.[/quote]

Hi Steve,

I'll have to have a think about that one - what colour is it?

She doesnt have her case. she has a few non origingal parts (switches) and I've sanded the gloss off the back of the neck. shes in fine working order and is a terrific players instrument but shes not much of a looker. just to warn you

Can't believe this still hasn't gone!! Potential trades include Warwicks, Fender Jazz's (must be white/tort), Spector's etc. might trade for the right 5 string as it would be useful for my new band but nothing without frets (love the sound but have no use for fretless at the moment).

Edited by lateralus462

I'll take that as a no then against my sunburst! ;-)[quote name='lateralus462' post='727571' date='Jan 28 2010, 01:39 PM']Can't believe this still hasn't gone!! Potential trades include Warwicks, Fender Jazz's (must be white/tort), Spector's etc. might trade for the right 5 string as it would be useful for my new band but nothing without frets (love the sound but have no use for fretless at the moment).[/quote]

• 3 weeks later...

Spector 5 string NS2000-5

Just upgraded with EMG 40DC's and Tonepump

Indian ink blue in colour, thru neck, great action, great condition.

The bad bit.... stick on fret markers...(added by previous owner i might add).

Plus £250

Sorry about the crap pics..

[attachment=43361:specns_0...JROT803c.jpg]

[attachment=43362:specns_004.jpg]

Edited by Bassulike66

• 1 month later...

I am based in derbyshire subject to your location I would rather we meet half way or if your in the area delivery?but would only part with £700.00 if your intrested please ring 07977-492279 and ask for robbie cheers

P.s have a mint Gibson thunderbird USA cased 1989 if your intrested in a swop otherwise will pay you cash?

• 4 weeks later...