Why become a member? ×

Jeff Beck's new band

Doddy

quote:"Heeeeheeee look at the way her boob pops over the top of the bass!"

:) :rolleyes: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I bet most of us were thinking it but YOU said it, huw.... :lol: :lol:

well done,really

a's better than b. c's better than d, and better than.... whatever.... theyre all good (certainly better than me!!)

Edited by witterth

[quote name='Doddy' post='721349' date='Jan 22 2010, 03:58 PM']I don't see the age thing as mattering to be honest. I don't care how old
anyone is-in this case it's all about the playing,and she doesn't really do it for me.[/quote]
Couldn't agree more ,listened to her album and was seriously underwhelmed.
If she looked like Dawn french we wouldn't be having this thread.

[quote name='blamelouis' post='722011' date='Jan 23 2010, 11:01 AM']If she looked like Dawn french we wouldn't be having this thread.[/quote]

Not heard her album so I can't comment on that but...
I'd have to disagree with the last bit tho'. There's no doubting she's a tidy bird but it's her playing,tone and the vibrato that interested me in the vid.
Thinking about it.... If anything, if it were Dawn French playing it would be even better !!
:)

[quote name='kennyrodg' post='722018' date='Jan 23 2010, 11:10 AM']Not heard her album so I can't comment on that but...
I'd have to disagree with the last bit tho'. There's no doubting she's a tidy bird but it's her playing,tone and the vibrato that interested me in the vid.
Thinking about it.... If anything, if it were Dawn French playing it would be even better !!
:)[/quote]
As much as i'd like to see her fingering her G string (cue canned laughter) her playing does nothing for me but then i like Alain Caron, Kai Eckhardt and Percy Jones which judging by these pages and sales not many others do. :rolleyes:

Seems JB does come in for some stick here.
The fact is though, if you ask the great guitarists around today to name their top five players, Jeff Beck will, almost certainly, be amongst them.
Even the aforementioned Steve Lukather, I know, is a big fan.

Narada MW is hardly an unknown quantity when it comes to JB, having made a major contribution to Wired (IMO probably his best album).
Phenomenal drummer, writer, producer, singer, all round general clever clogs.

EDIT: NMW's solo albums are well worth checking out too. Soul/funk/70s disco vibe at its best. Particularly "The Dance of Life" made even better by TM Stevens wonderful bass lines.

Edited by SteveK