Why become a member? ×

Trace Elliot RAH1000-12 Amp Head...

StevieD_FenderP2009

I was just looking at the Trace Elliot catalogue from 2008 I have got and nearly got poked in the eye when I saw a little section of text reading "The AH500-12, AH1000-12 and AH1200-12 will be available as rack mountable head units, these will be the RAH500-12, RAH1000-12 and RAH1200-12 and will fit any 2u 19inch rack unit case"

I had quite a large smile after reading that as I was thinking of getting one of the AH1000-12 to replace my GP12 Series 6 at the end of the year but when looking on Thomann and the Trace Elliot website, there was no evidence of these heads being real... much to my disappointment

So, can anyone shed any light on whether these heads were ever made or if they know if they're going to be released any time?

Thanks guys

[quote name='StevieD_FenderP2009' post='713290' date='Jan 15 2010, 12:22 AM']I was just looking at the Trace Elliot catalogue from 2008 I have got and nearly got poked in the eye when I saw a little section of text reading "The AH500-12, AH1000-12 and AH1200-12 will be available as rack mountable head units, these will be the RAH500-12, RAH1000-12 and RAH1200-12 and will fit any 2u 19inch rack unit case"

I had quite a large smile after reading that as I was thinking of getting one of the AH1000-12 to replace my GP12 Series 6 at the end of the year but when looking on Thomann and the Trace Elliot website, there was no evidence of these heads being real... much to my disappointment

So, can anyone shed any light on whether these heads were ever made or if they know if they're going to be released any time?

Thanks guys[/quote]
I think the best thing to do would be ask TE themselves, if they haven't done it yet then maybe you could get a custom racked head mead by them?!

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' post='716278' date='Jan 18 2010, 02:59 AM'][url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Trace-Elliot-AH-1000-12-1000w-Bass-Head-MINT-condition_W0QQitemZ140375470072QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_MusicalInstr_Amplifiers_RL?hash=item20af07aff8"]This the one?[/url][/quote]
Close. TE said they'd be available in Rack-mountable units, and they've had the power stages upgraded to 2x600W from 2x500W.

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='StevieD_FenderP2009' post='722553' date='Jan 23 2010, 08:26 PM']Yeah, I'm hoping they do release the RAH as thats the one i'll buy to upgrade my setup. Either that or a top end Ashdown head but it's most likely to be the Trace Elliot.
I'm going to give them a phone call tomorrow about it. Cheers guys![/quote]

I have a RAH1000 with a burned-out power section asnd have been using it just as a pre amp cos I cant aFFORD REPAIRS. gOING CHEAP if you want it. Steve.

[quote name='stevekendal' post='751767' date='Feb 20 2010, 01:27 PM']I have a RAH1000 with a burned-out power section asnd have been using it just as a pre amp cos I cant aFFORD REPAIRS. gOING CHEAP if you want it. Steve.[/quote]

Perfect for a BFC.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

[quote name='StevieD_FenderP2009' post='801617' date='Apr 10 2010, 10:45 AM']Cheers for the replies guys
I'm going to keep checking back to the trace elliot website every now and then and even give them a ring to see what the latest progress is

Thanks! =D[/quote]

Hehe.......................Why don't you just buy an Ashdown MK500 it is after all 'only' a GP12SM (just don't turn on the silly harm emphasis, it doesn't need it, twelve bands is enough!) in Red clothes you can pick em up for £700 if you are lucky, they have massive capacitors and a huge Torroidal transformer like the original Traces. 575watt RMS but can dump 2000watt peak (amazing headroom like Mark 5, Series 6) and they are made in England, they can really drive tight lows like the original green monsters. Make digital amps sound very weak!
Downside feel the weight!!

UK made Ashdown stuff is good i.e. 550 spyder, MK500, 427 big block (TE V8 hehe!!), Klystron, its expensive but it lasts forever and cheap to fix if it does go wrong, (No stupid printed circuits on the power section) and why change a design if its perfection!!!. Just ask the hire companies like JH! anything tough gets on their roster. That means Peavey, UK Ashdown, EBS, New /Old trace gear. The new trace stuff is really good, but it doesn't have quite 'that' sound, but its easy enough to dial in, (i guess they have tried to make em more neutral sounding flat, to give em more appeal) .What they don't have is the power at the low end you will notice it if you are using a Mrk V Series 6, but then again most modern amps don't either. But all the same a very nice amp, one of the best sounding In my opinion.