Why become a member? ×

Fender Geddy Lee - WITHDRAWN

bassaussie

WITHDRAWN

Fender Geddy Lee Jazz - very good condition. I got this in a trade recently, and although I like the bass, I don't use it. Not sure how old it is, but if it's important, I'll try and find out. £525 ono.

[s]Cort Curbow fretless - Ice metallic colour. Nice bass, although it's got a chip about one inch long on the upper bout (where your right forearm goes over the bass). Other than the chip, it's in good condition. I'll tentatively start this at £170, but am very open to offers.[/s] Sold

Both these basses are in Lisbon, so bear in mind there'll be freight on top. I'm happy to take the neck off either bass for shipping. As an alternative, I also have an SKB 44 case that's in great condition that I can sort out a deal on with either bass. I've already checked pricing, and it looks like the Geddy Lee in the SKB case would run around £50, so that's the most shipping would be - obviously without the case, shipping would be considerably less. Regarding import tax (I was asked this recently) this does not apply as both Portugal and the UK are in the EU.

Paypal is preferred. Not overly interested in trades, and especially not interested in anything I would have to add cash to.

I intend to put some pics up on the weekend.

WITHDRAWN

Edited by bassaussie

[quote name='bassaussie' post='712207' date='Jan 14 2010, 07:02 AM']Nice bass, although it's got a chip about one inch long on the upper bout (where your right forearm goes over the bass).[/quote]
I don't want to be a pedantic dick (which is a shame, because I am :) ), but your right forearm should actually go over the lower bout, unless you're attempting some extreme double-handed tapping gymnastics. "Upper bout" refers to the widening of the body nearest the neck, and the "lower bout" is the widening of the body nearest the bridge, thus (obviously it's an upright bass, but the same goes for all stringed instruments):

Anyway, sorry. Free bump!

[quote name='BottomEndian' post='714621' date='Jan 16 2010, 09:59 AM']I don't want to be a pedantic dick (which is a shame, because I am :rolleyes: ), but your right forearm should actually go over the lower bout, unless you're attempting some extreme double-handed tapping gymnastics. "Upper bout" refers to the widening of the body nearest the neck, and the "lower bout" is the widening of the body nearest the bridge, thus (obviously it's an upright bass, but the same goes for all stringed instruments):

Anyway, sorry. Free bump![/quote]

:)

Thanks for the info!! I've always throught of the upper bout as being the one on the "upper" side of the body, closest to your head, but your explanation seems very good. Maybe in future I'll just describe it as the place when your arm goes over!

[quote name='Conan' post='715441' date='Jan 17 2010, 09:27 AM']I'm impressed! Not just a pedant, but a thorough one!!

And another bump for a couple of great basses. If I sell mine I may well be interested in both![/quote]

Cheers for the bump. The Geddy has developed a lot of interest, the Curbow less so. I'll keep this thread updated of any changes.

I recently bought a five string fretted Curbow and I'm really pleased with it. Yet to gig it, but at home it sounds good and is nice to play. It only cost £322 brand new, with free delivery from Germany!!

[quote name='Conan' post='715461' date='Jan 17 2010, 09:58 AM']I recently bought a five string fretted Curbow and I'm really pleased with it. Yet to gig it, but at home it sounds good and is nice to play. It only cost £322 brand new, with free delivery from Germany!![/quote]

I tried a few Cort Curbow fretless basses before I bought this one, and I thought I quite liked them. However, once I got this one, I felt that the sound was too modern for me, and that what I really wanted was a more Fender-ish sound. The playability on these basses is very good, and I doubt I'd get that from a Fender style bass, but the sound just isn't what I wanted.

• 3 weeks later...