Why become a member? ×

Weather + Amp delivery = MASSIVE DELAY

jamesbass116

[quote name='Dubs' post='708854' date='Jan 11 2010, 02:17 PM']To be fair, they've offered to throw in a set of strings for free because of circumstances completely out of their control that has affected most of the country. I think they've been quite generous.[/quote]
+1.

I've invested in gear through the bass centre and found them to be really helpful. In my case, it was a Little Mark II and a Warwick 411 PRO so not a casual purchase either.

Regarding the OP, I think delays with postage are one of the negatives with buying online and similar (like over the phone) - you benefit from being able to shop around, but you can't have your gear straight away and there is the potential for delays.

You're bound to come across much bigger problems sooner or later in life, which I think is why some people reacted negatively to the thread.

[quote name='jonny-lad' post='708878' date='Jan 11 2010, 02:30 PM']+1.

I've invested in gear through the bass centre and found them to be really helpful. In my case, it was a Little Mark II and a Warwick 411 PRO so not a casual purchase either.

Regarding the OP, I think delays with postage are one of the negatives with buying online and similar (like over the phone) - you benefit from being able to shop around, but you can't have your gear straight away and there is the potential for delays.

You're bound to come across much bigger problems sooner or later in life, which I think is why some people reacted negatively to the thread.[/quote]

yeah, thanks man.
and yeah, i even know that i'll have bigger issues to come, looking back i can see how i sounded a bit selfish about this one small incident though

Welcome to the wonderful world of the gigging musician. This won't be the worst thing that happens to you - not by a long way. You just need to learn to deal with it. For example, at the time of writing I have a £1000+ handmade bass lying around in some airport hanger somewhere; now look at my avatar and ask yourself 'does this look like a worried man?' :rolleyes: :)

[quote name='leftybassman392' post='708958' date='Jan 11 2010, 03:35 PM']Welcome to the wonderful world of the gigging musician. This won't be the worst thing that happens to you - not by a long way. You just need to learn to deal with it. For example, at the time of writing I have a £1000+ handmade bass lying around in some airport hanger somewhere; now look at my avatar and ask yourself 'does this look like a worried man?' :lol: :)[/quote]

haha fair point. and thanks for putting what you said in a pleasant way, rather than putting a guilt trip on me, i TRULY appreciate it :rolleyes:

This is nothing that a bottle of Mad Dog 20/20 won't help solve.

Come to think of it, there's not a lot in life that a bottle or 2 of 20/20 won't make go away.

If I were you I'd put on your best, warmest hoodie, find your usual bench, brush off the snow and get drinking young man.

This is not meant in any way to be patronising; more a bitter older man dreaming of past glories.....