Why become a member? ×

CIJ '51 Fender P-Bass Reissue with Duncan Pup

berman3313

[size=4]Now SOLD! [/size][size=3][font="Trebuchet MS"]Really nice looking, playing and sounding CIJ Fender '51 Precision Reissue. These are pretty rare finds. Bridge & Pickup Covers, a Finger Rest and an upgraded SCPB2 Pickup by Seymour Duncan installed on this bass.
The neck is AMAZING! In fact, some have said it's as close to a Reverend Rumblefish as you're going to find without resting your hand on some Phenolic Resin!

Serial Q011048 indicates Made between 2002 and 2004
Current mid-gauge Roundwounds.

Small pencil eraser size chip on the input side edge. Out of sight. No Worries.

US Retail is £737 - looking to get £450 insured and shipped from the US. Not interested in trades at present. Thanks.

[url="http://picasaweb.google.com/toddberman/CIJ51Reissue?authkey=Gv1sRgCIT4tbyylamxuwE&feat=directlink"]Link to '51 Reissue Photos[/url]

[/font][/size]

Edited by berman3313

[quote name='berman3313' post='707094' date='Jan 9 2010, 10:12 PM'][size=3][font="Trebuchet MS"]Really nice looking, playing and sounding CIJ Fender '51 Precision Reissue. These are pretty rare finds. Bridge & Pickup Covers, a Finger Rest and an upgraded SCPB2 Pickup by Seymour Duncan installed on this bass.
The neck is AMAZING! In fact, some have said it's as close to a Reverend Rumblefish as you're going to find without resting your hand on some Phenolic Resin!

US Retail is £737 - looking to get £450 insured and shipped from the US. Not interested in trades at present. Thanks.

[url="http://picasaweb.google.com/toddberman/CIJ51Reissue?authkey=Gv1sRgCIT4tbyylamxuwE&feat=directlink"]Link to '51 Reissue Photos[/url]

[/font][/size][/quote]

I'm interested but VAT/Import Duty is putting me off. Who would you freight via?

[quote name='berman3313' post='707094' date='Jan 9 2010, 09:12 PM'][size=3][font="Trebuchet MS"]Really nice looking, playing and sounding CIJ Fender '51 Precision Reissue. These are pretty rare finds. Bridge & Pickup Covers, a Finger Rest and an upgraded SCPB2 Pickup by Seymour Duncan installed on this bass.

[/font][/size][/quote]

Any particular reason you want to sell it over here rather than the US?

Yeah, I don't know the VAT scene that well. I usualy send via USPS Priority International and mark as "gift".

[quote name='Stacker' post='707898' date='Jan 10 2010, 12:29 PM']I'm interested but VAT/Import Duty is putting me off. Who would you freight via?[/quote]

Yes, I have a good rep on ebay (bookbook) and TB in the states. I often visit this site and wanted to offer something here to BC/UKers before states. These are fairly rare in the US and figured would be the same in the UK. Cheers, Todd

[quote name='alexisonfire' post='707919' date='Jan 10 2010, 12:44 PM']Any particular reason you want to sell it over here rather than the US?[/quote]

[quote name='Stacker' post='707898' date='Jan 10 2010, 05:29 PM']I'm interested but VAT/Import Duty is putting me off.[/quote]

FYI, there's a sticky about importing:

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=139&hl=importing"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...mp;hl=importing[/url]

Edited by skankdelvar

Thanks all. Hmmm, 17.5%+ makes things a little less attractive, no?
I'll listen to reasonable offers - but am inclined to put it on ebay - which I hate to do - so the VAT might be reasonable given final pricing. Thanks. Todd

[quote name='skankdelvar' post='708024' date='Jan 10 2010, 02:11 PM']FYI, there's a sticky about importing:

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=139&hl=importing"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...mp;hl=importing[/url][/quote]

[quote name='fede162162' post='708166' date='Jan 10 2010, 08:47 PM']yes it is,

VAT is a tax on the value of the good, is not a tax on the sell act.

This means any good which just cross the UE Borders has to be charged for VAT plus custom fees.[/quote]

Yes - just looked at this. Within the EU VAT is only charged if the sale is by a business registered for VAT, so private sales would not attract VAT (which is what I was thinking of in my earlier post). But outside the EU, all sales will attract VAT.

Edited by simon1964

You're charged import duty on the value of the goods and VAT on the freight PLUS a £13:50 handling charge by Parcelforce Worldwide for paying your fees to HMRC upfront! It's a rip-off.

BTW, HMRC got smart a couple of years back. No longer does marking an item down as a 'gift' exclude it from duty; it has to be marked down as 'commercial sample', though I am willing to be corrected on that.

[quote name='berman3313' post='707094' date='Jan 9 2010, 09:12 PM'][size=3][font="Trebuchet MS"]Really nice looking, playing and sounding CIJ Fender '51 Precision Reissue. These are pretty rare finds. Bridge & Pickup Covers, a Finger Rest and an upgraded SCPB2 Pickup by Seymour Duncan installed on this bass.

[/font][/size][/quote]

Youre not in Seattle by any chance are you? off to Seattle in three weeks and wouldnt mind picking it up. Obviously less the USPS charges and all the rest.

Well, I'm in Washington, DC....that is. So not close at all to Seattle. But, have a good trip there.

[quote name='BassKS' post='708532' date='Jan 11 2010, 04:07 AM']Youre not in Seattle by any chance are you? off to Seattle in three weeks and wouldnt mind picking it up. Obviously less the USPS charges and all the rest.[/quote]

Gang - thanks for all the enlightenment on the VAT restrictions. They sound positively burdensome. I've shipped many items to the UK/Euro and never had the feedback you've all given me. That said, I won't waste your time/space anymore. Check ebay - item is up there through 17 January. I'll still visit your board however...and donate....as I have. Cheers, Todd

[quote name='berman3313' post='707094' date='Jan 9 2010, 04:12 PM'][size=3][font="Trebuchet MS"]Really nice looking, playing and sounding CIJ Fender '51 Precision Reissue.
[/font][/size][/quote]

[quote name='Stacker' post='708476' date='Jan 11 2010, 07:57 AM']You're charged import duty on the value of the goods and VAT on the freight PLUS a £13:50 handling charge by Parcelforce Worldwide for paying your fees to HMRC upfront! It's a rip-off.[/quote]

Mmm, not really a rip-off, they're not only offering a service but taking the risk that they're going to get the money back - I wonder how many items get sent from overseas and never claimed? It's also a service that saves you having to deal with Customs and Excise directly and then either collect yourself or arrange a courier. £13.50 seems OK t o me?

Re Customs, not only are they wise to the whole gift thing, they have a guitar expert at Heathrow who knows his stuff re dealers, manufacturers, values etc (I had a very interesting chat with a well-known dealer about it recently). They can cause quite a lot of grief if they small a rat

C

[quote name='Beedster' post='708756' date='Jan 11 2010, 01:05 PM']Mmm, not really a rip-off, they're not only offering a service but taking the risk that they're going to get the money back - I wonder how many items get sent from overseas and never claimed? It's also a service that saves you having to deal with Customs and Excise directly and then either collect yourself or arrange a courier. £13.50 seems OK t o me?

Re Customs, not only are they wise to the whole gift thing, they have a guitar expert at Heathrow who knows his stuff re dealers, manufacturers, values etc (I had a very interesting chat with a well-known dealer about it recently). They can cause quite a lot of grief if they small a rat

C[/quote]

I meant the whole thing is a rip off; it's alien to me if you're not a business or are importing kit privately. And try contacting, let alone getting any sense out of, HMRC if you have a query about duty, etc! Also, I do think the Parcelforce charge is a bit excessive and I don't believe for one minute they don't claw back
charges on stuff that is not, or has refused to be, claimed.

As for Heathrow, well, they've had guys down there for the past 20 years. A mate of mine came back through there in the late '80s with a '58 Gold Top and didn't even get stopped but a couple of years later he tried it again with a old Gretsch and they wanted to see every document he had on it and he eventually had to declare it.

Edited by Stacker

[quote name='Stacker' post='708817' date='Jan 11 2010, 01:49 PM']I meant the whole thing is a rip off; it's alien to me if you're not a business or are importing kit privately. And try contacting, let alone getting any sense out of, HMRC if you have a query about duty, etc! Also, I do think the Parcelforce charge is a bit excessive and I don't believe for one minute they don't claw back
charges on stuff that is not, or has refused to be, claimed.

As for Heathrow, well, they've had guys down there for the past 20 years. A mate of mine came back through there in the late '80s with a '58 Gold Top and didn't even get stopped but a couple of years later he tried it again with a old Gretsch and they wanted to see every document he had on it and he eventually had to declare it.[/quote]

To quote Joe Black: "death and taxes"

C