Why become a member? ×

Withdrawn - Martin Audio/Crown PA System for Sale

[b]EDIT 25-05-11 : Subs provisionally sold. Tops, amp and 4u case still available.[/b]

Hi Folks,
Due to the distinct lack of gigging and the fact that I've only used my PA 3 times in 2 years, I've decided to sell it and clear some space in the house!

The speakers and rack case have recently been repainted with the correct Tuffcab paint and hence look like new.

[b]New Pictures in post further down[/b]

Spec :
Tops (1 pair of):
[b]Martin Audio Blackline F8[/b] (not F8+)
FREQUENCY RESPONSE (1) 70Hz-20kHz ± 3dB
DRIVERS 1 x 8" (200mm)/2'' (50mm) voice coil LF driver
1 x 1'' (25mm) exit HF compression driver
RATED POWER (2) 150W AES, 600W peak
DIMENSIONS (W) 299mm x (H) 435mm x (D) 269mm
(W) 11.8ins x (H) 17.1ins x (D) 10.6ins
Weight 12kg

Subs (1 pair of):
[b]Martin Audio Blackline S12[/b] (not S12+)
FREQUENCY RESPONSE (1) 52Hz-150Hz ± 3dB
LOW FREQUENCY LIMIT 43Hz (-10dB)
DRIVER 1 x 12" (300mm)/3'' (75mm) voice coil LF driver
RATED POWER (2) 400W AES, 1600W peak
DIMENSIONS (W) 398mm x (H) 571mm x (D) 364mm
(W) 15.6ins x (H) 22.5ins x (D) 14.3ins
WEIGHT 20kg (44lbs)

Amplifier :
[b]Crown XLS602[/b] (600w/channel into 4 ohms)

Details here : [url="http://www.crownaudio.com/amp_htm/xls.htm"]Crown Amplifiers Website[/url]

Also Included :
2 x Custom made covers for the Martin F8 speakers
2 x Adjustable Speaker Poles
2 x Short 2-core Speakon Cables
2 x Long (10m) 2-coare Speakon Cables
Mains Cable for amp

The amp I bought new less than 2 years ago and has done 3 shows (2 choir concerts and a school dance show) since new. The original box and instructions will be supplied with it.

I'm looking for about £1250 for the whole PA - collection only from Edinburgh as shipping this lot would be a pain.

Feel free to ask questions or to make an offer.

Thanks

Andy B)

Edit : The whole rig runs of a single stereo amp as there are crossovers built into the subs.

Edited by backwater

[quote name='owen' post='706898' date='Jan 9 2010, 06:56 PM']Am I the only one thinking "I bet this would sound great as a bass rig"?[/quote]

I have tried as a bass rig :rolleyes: and it sounds pretty good (and loud - the amp kicks out 1200w into the 4 speakers).

Fair amount of gear to lug around as a bass amp though!

Andy :)

[quote name='backwater' post='706903' date='Jan 9 2010, 07:01 PM']I have tried as a bass rig :rolleyes: and it sounds pretty good (and loud - the amp kicks out 1200w into the 4 speakers).

Fair amount of gear to lug around as a bass amp though!

Andy :)[/quote]

Sadly I had even thought my way through that scenario as well! I need to get out more.

I might be interested in selling the S12 subs separately if they are of interest to someone - shipping could be arranged for the subs or the whole system but wouldn't be particularly cheap.

Feel free to ask questions or make an offer.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For the pair of subs alone I'd be looking for about £450 - I could probably ship the subs if required at cost.

Thanks

[quote name='joegarcia' post='894053' date='Jul 13 2010, 06:53 PM']How much for just the subs you reckon?[/quote]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

[quote name='JTUK' post='1227325' date='May 11 2011, 11:36 AM']Do these need or have a controller..?[/quote]

These can be used either with a controller or without. There is a crossover built into the back of the subs with an active/passive switch - active for use with the controller (which bypasses the crossover) and passive to use the crossover with the output going to the tops.

I don't have the controller and just used the built in crossover.

• 1 year later...

Bizzarely, I dug these out of the cupboard to get to something else earlier today.

I couldn't find this thread so created a new one back in August here : [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/185364-martin-audiocrown-pa-for-sale/page__fromsearch__1"]http://basschat.co.uk/topic/185364-martin-audiocrown-pa-for-sale/page__fromsearch__1[/url]

Andy B)