Why become a member? ×

bc rich heritage mockingbird?

nash

[quote name='mr pablo' post='6828' date='May 25 2007, 09:40 PM']Lorne from bw/bt if he's about here is the bc rich master i beleive[/quote]

He has surfaced on basschat I believe...

I too have gas for one of these but my internet trawl could only unearth one in Scotland which was not too practical for me to try.

[Repeat mantra: I do not need more basses, I do need more practice...]

• 1 month later...

Nash, did you ever buy the Mockingbird? I have been looking at one of those in black for a while. From what I understand it suffers from the same neck dive as the T-Bird but this can be cured by moving the neck strap button. It is a lovely Bass, I will definately have one by the end of the year (if not sooner).

If you did buy one, what do you think?

[quote name='Bassmonster' post='6491' date='May 25 2007, 02:00 PM']i am not a fan of the "metal" type basses, but this does look pretty sweet. I am sure someone on here/bw/bt has one an original 80's model with loads of knobs :) on it.[/quote]

That's me! I bought it off Shockwave, who bought it off Lorne. It's for sale actually, £350 anyone?

I could record some sound clips I expect. I moved the strap button to behind the neck plate, and there is only minimal neck dive now (when I got it the dive was obscene!). With a grippy strap it doesn't dive at all for me. Comes in a gig bag. Condition is ok for the year (was informed that its a 1986 model, built in Nagoya Japan), a few scratches and chips which I can get better pics of, nothing major though.

Knobs! The 3 black knobs are volume, pre-amp volume, and passive tone. The chickenhead knob is a 6 position varitone switch, which I think is 6 different capacitors to roll off top end. The big toggle is pickup select, then the little ones are preamp on/off, phase, neck series/parallel and bridge series parallel.

The neck is nice and slim, like a Jazz I suppose. The bass itself is quite light, too.

[quote name='Wil' post='36438' date='Jul 24 2007, 04:20 PM']That's me! I bought it off Shockwave, who bought it off Lorne. It's for sale actually, £350 anyone?

[/quote]

Doh! seing this again has given me serious GAS :) now if only i had a spare £350 i'd have it

[quote name='elom' post='36609' date='Jul 24 2007, 10:42 PM']Cool avatar Wil. Sam and Max - that takes me back. It'll be Day of the Tentacle next![/quote]

I love Sam and Max!

Max: "It seems these evil men will never begin to understand our peaceful nature."

Sam: "Hope they figure it out pretty quick. My trigger finger is blistering."

[quote name='jimbartlett' post='36462' date='Jul 24 2007, 04:47 PM']Wil, do you have any sound clips of that Bass? What do all the knobs and switches do? Does it have a case? Does it suffer from neck dive? What condition is it in?

Sorry about all the questions! :)[/quote]

Soundclips of the mock, as requested. Only quick recordings straight into the PC I'm afraid, I'm in a bit of a rush tonight! I forgot to mention its currently strung BEAD, and the preamp battery is dead so couldnt put a sample of that in action up. All it does is make it louder and adds a bit of natural compression, I usually leave it off anyway tbh!

[url="http://media.putfile.com/Mockingbird-bridge-pickup"]Mockingbird, bridge pup[/url]

[url="http://media.putfile.com/Mockingbird-both-pups"]Mockingbird, both pups[/url]

[url="http://media.putfile.com/Mockingbird-neck-pup"]Mockingbird, neck pup[/url]