Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

NYC Sadowsky

paulie

I am selling my NYC Sadowsky 4 string.

As you can see from the photos it has a maple neck and a flame maple finish on the body. The hardware is black.

Action is really low and the neck is gorgeous and fast with its natural silk finish.

The pickups are the upgraded EMG's which were an optional extra at the time.

The bass is really light but this is not due to the use of a chambered body (which Sadowsky uses on all modern NYC models) this is due to a select piece of ash that he used for this body which was already really light weight and resonant.

The bass is in perfect condition. There is a slight belmish under the laquer on the lower horn but thats it. No scratches, or belt wear at all.

Comes with the original Sadowsky case which is also mint.

The bass has been signed by Roger Sadowsky (underneath the control cavity)

I live in Ireland but I will ship this anywhere by courier. THe bass will be fully packaged in its case and then placed in a larger outer cardboard box with tons of bubble wrap between the case and the box so no harm will come to it at all.

May consider a possible trade of another high end bass but would prefer cash.

Im looking for £1900

[attachment=39399:IMG_0093.JPG] [attachment=39400:IMG_0094.JPG] [attachment=39401:IMG_0095.JPG]

[attachment=39402:IMG_0096.JPG] [attachment=39403:IMG_0097.JPG]

Edited by paulie

[quote name='jsixties' post='702006' date='Jan 5 2010, 07:24 PM']Great lookin bass mate!
VTC installed? Hi-fi/modern sound or vintage alike?
Cheers.[/quote]

Hi

No VTC, it just has volume, pickup blend, treble and bass and the toggle switch is for active/passive. The sound is extremely warm when all is set flat or in passive mode, similar to my 64 jazz in fact. You can dial in a huge amount of bass or treble. With these nobs dialled in the sound goes from vintage to hifi but keeps its warmth. There is a super slap sound with the treble up, yet it still doesnt hiss when its up full. Excellent preamp

[quote name='jake_tenfloors' post='703420' date='Jan 6 2010, 08:41 PM']Why the need to bump after 1 minute of bumping :rolleyes: :)[/quote]

Rough night on the beer last night, Im surprised I even managed to bump the correct bass!

• 1 month later...

[quote name='bassvid75' post='744268' date='Feb 13 2010, 07:35 PM']interested on these basses?

Fender Jazz Bass 1986 Japan and Eko Bass BX7 1982 Italy

[url="http://www.fetishguitars.com/html/eko/finalyears/bx7.html"]http://www.fetishguitars.com/html/eko/finalyears/bx7.html[/url][/quote]

Sorry

Bass is sold!

Thanks Paul