Why become a member? ×

jamerson

YouMa

Does anyone know if im cheating using a mute while i learn this im having problems,did james use a mute on this track it sounds like he did,i didnt realise this was such a difficult track to nail i can play it but it doesnt seem to be sounding the same as him yet,any advice people. :)

Edited by YouMa

I have gone ahead and chopped up a mouse mat the rubber is very similar to the old fender mutes,its a lot easier to play his lines and a lot of 16th note stuff with the mute on,shame it has to be removed for slap ,think i will keep it on a while.

[quote name='BottomEndian' post='701344' date='Jan 5 2010, 10:35 AM']I thought he had his bridge mutes on for everything? I'm no aficionado, but AFAIK the key Jamerson sound is from fat, dead flats, nuclear-baboon-grip action and bridge mutes.

Oh, and having Jamerson's fingers too. :)[/quote]

You mean 'finger'? Otherwise known as 'The Hook'?

[quote name='Pete Academy' post='703321' date='Jan 6 2010, 07:30 PM']A question, YouMa...judging by your recent posts, requesting help with certain songs: Are you just learning them for your own enjoyment, or have you just joined a band with the best set list in existence? :)[/quote]

If it's the latter, can I be your dep?

[quote name='Pete Academy' post='703321' date='Jan 6 2010, 07:30 PM']A question, YouMa...judging by your recent posts, requesting help with certain songs: Are you just learning them for your own enjoyment, or have you just joined a band with the best set list in existence? :)[/quote]

No mate im going to have a shot at putting something together though,a wedding/function band that doesnt always play the same crap,ie play that funky music,or the kaiser cheifs.Im going to try and have a much more soulful funky serious functions band,a bit like miles davis,s band circa on the corner,i just need to find the right people.

[quote name='YouMa' post='703339' date='Jan 6 2010, 07:45 PM']No mate im going to have a shot at putting something together though,a wedding/function band that doesnt always play the same crap,ie play that funky music,or the kaiser cheifs.Im going to try and have a much more soulful funky serious functions band,a bit like miles davis,s band circa on the corner,i just need to find the right people.[/quote]

Good on you! But watch out for the bride's mother if Abba or Lady In Red isn't in there. :)