Why become a member? ×

Alembic Rogue 4 for sale or trade -reduced price

mreriksen

Still selling my Alembic Rogue 4 str bass, now at reduced price, and I will also consider trading it for a fretless bass of equal quality. The bass is in excellent shape. Playability, craftsmanship and sound is of well-known Alembic quality, which is top. It is a killer slap hand bass, amongst other things. Basically, you can tweak this instrument to get the sound you want. I have used this bass for about a year, played a few gigs but mostly kept it in my home nice and safe. It has not been in much use lately as I have converted to five strings. It is in the same condition as it were when I bought it new, allowing of course for careful use during a few gigs and practice sessions. I am asking GBP 2000 for the bass or trade it in a decent fretless bass. It comes with a rock-solid alembic case. I will ship anywhere.

Edited by mreriksen

[quote name='mreriksen' post='699978' date='Jan 3 2010, 09:02 PM']Selling my Alembic Rogue 4 str bass. The bas is in excellent shape. Playability, craftsmanship and sound is of well-known Alembic excellence. These guys mean business when they build an instrument! It is a killer slap hand bass, amongst other things. Basically, you can tweak this instrument to get the sound you want. I have used this bass for about a year, played a few gigs but mostly kept it in my home nice and safe. It has not been in much use lately as I have converted to five strings, so I have finally decided to let it go in order to finance some other projects. These basses are not cheap for sure but I can promise that anyone who tries this instrument will not be disappointed. Anyone who HAS tried an alembic will know what I am talking about. The best word I can think of is that this bass is flat-out EXCITING to play and my personal opinion is that this particular bass also looks very nice! Check out the pictures. Checking with the www.alembic.com website I will estimate this bass would sell for some 9000 USD new. However, I bought it with a pleasant discount here in Oslo, Norway, paying the equivalent of about GBP 3900 . It is in the same condition as it were when I hbought it new, allowing of course for careful use during a few gigs and practice sessions. I am asking GBP 2900 for the bass and it is worth it. It comes with a rock-solid alembic case. I will ship anywhere, at least in principle ;-).[/quote]

HI

Are you accepting trades for this bass, I have a beautiful 71 jazz bass or a NYC 5 string Sadowsky to trade if your interested

Thanks
Paul