Why become a member? ×

Frank Bello Signature Bass

markdavid

I was in the mkt for a P/J P earlier this year..... I ended up getting one (a custom shop bblah blah), however this was one I looked at.. I played one at Sound Control and was blown away..... Yes it works..... it has some great flexibility and is well loud.... My guitarist talked me out of it because it is MIM, using the argument that if you buy a Fender buy 1 that will go up in value.......

I kinda wish I'd got that Bello bass....Why? Well the 1 I bought cost twice as much, and is in its HSC under my bed not being played, and does it sound any better than that Bello P?

Nope.....

My advice FWIW, is ..... If you like it (try playing 1st if you can) get one you wont be dissapointed..... If you dont like it give me first dibs on it when you decide to blow it away!

:)

[quote name='The Burpster' post='76650' date='Oct 19 2007, 06:44 PM']I was in the mkt for a P/J P earlier this year..... I ended up getting one (a custom shop bblah blah), however this was one I looked at.. I played one at Sound Control and was blown away..... Yes it works..... it has some great flexibility and is well loud.... My guitarist talked me out of it because it is MIM, using the argument that if you buy a Fender buy 1 that will go up in value.......

I kinda wish I'd got that Bello bass....Why? Well the 1 I bought cost twice as much, and is in its HSC under my bed not being played, and does it sound any better than that Bello P?

Nope.....

My advice FWIW, is ..... If you like it (try playing 1st if you can) get one you wont be dissapointed..... If you dont like it give me first dibs on it when you decide to blow it away!

:)[/quote]

Cheers Burpster , If I get one and don't like it you will be first to know. I take it the pickup volume is balanced due to Fenders handywork ?