Why become a member? ×

Mother-in-law Survival Kit

elom

At Xmas time it can be easy to become separated from your bass. Perhaps you are staying with family, or your spouse's family? Perhaps your practice room now has an elderly aunt, mother-in-law, or your brother's entire family sleeping in it?

You need a survival kit. A small package which can be discreetly stored so as to not alert too much suspicion. Here is one I made earlier:

[attachment=38867:mil.jpg]

On the other hand you could just take all your basses, a 4x10 and blast them out of the house for an hour or two!

Merry Xmas

[quote name='elom' post='693530' date='Dec 25 2009, 11:51 PM']At Xmas time it can be easy to become separated from your bass. Perhaps you are staying with family, or your spouse's family? Perhaps your practice room now has an elderly aunt, mother-in-law, or your brother's entire family sleeping in it?

You need a survival kit. A small package which can be discreetly stored so as to not alert too much suspicion. Here is one I made earlier:

On the other hand you could just take all your basses, a 4x10 and blast them out of the house for an hour or two!

Merry Xmas[/quote]

whenever we go to france me and my dad take pretty much exactly the same set up. same bass (same colour, too) and same little bass/headphone/mp3 gadget thingy.

[quote name='elom' post='693530' date='Dec 25 2009, 11:51 PM']At Xmas time it can be easy to become separated from your bass. Perhaps you are staying with family, or your spouse's family? Perhaps your practice room now has an elderly aunt, mother-in-law, or your brother's entire family sleeping in it?

Merry Xmas[/quote]

Lovely idea, but gotta be 4x10 +1x15, min 300w amp.

[quote name='Lfalex v1.1' post='693583' date='Dec 26 2009, 08:49 AM']I have a Status Streamline / Korg Pandora / Sennheiser HD215 set-up (plus an MP3) player for times like this (and for taking on holiday!)[/quote]

Ooh, those Streamlines look nice, definately trumps a Hohner B2A!