Why become a member? ×

Shops in Cheltenham/Gloucester?

bassix

Aroundabout Sound all the way. There was another shop closer to teh centre of town but that has recently closed down. Aroundabout have a good selection of bass gear, Mark the owner has a stunning GB spitfire for sale there and last time I went in there was a mighty looking Eden stack as well. if you goodle them they keep a few bits on their website. Great shop and the owners are really nice.

There is Soundhouse a bit further up the high street in Cheltenham, not been there for 10+ years though.

In Gloucester, there is a Soundhouse. Went in a few weeks back, nothing amazing just the usual squire and Ibanez stuff.
There is also a shop just out of town on Barton Street called A Remus sound. I havent been in for ages although keep meaning too. I drove past it last week and they had what looked very much like a Wawrick Thumb hanging in the window. The younger guy in there was an amazing guitarist and bassist. I presume its still him who runs it. There is a small music shop in the new Quays development, but I think its just cheap crap.
Sadly Gloucester Music Co on Westgate Streets shutdown several years ago and is now a EU food shop or something.
There are also a crap converter and similar shop oppossite that sometimes has something of interest in them on Northgate Street by Wilinksons.

Edited by TRadford

[quote name='TRadford' post='691556' date='Dec 22 2009, 02:49 PM']There is Soundhouse a bit further up the high street in Cheltenham, not been there for 10+ years though.

In Gloucester, there is a Soundhouse. Went in a few weeks back, nothing amazing just the usual squire and Ibanez stuff.
There is also a shop just out of town on Barton Street called A Remus sound. I havent been in for ages although keep meaning too. I drove past it last week and they had what looked very much like a Wawrick Thumb hanging in the window. The younger guy in there was an amazing guitarist and bassist. I presume its still him who runs it. There is a small music shop in the new Quays development, but I think its just cheap crap.
Sadly Gloucester Music Co on Westgate Streets shutdown several years ago and is now a EU food shop or something.
There are also a crap converter and similar shop oppossite that sometimes has something of interest in them on Northgate Street by Wilinksons.[/quote]

A Remus Sound is great, I bought my first bass cab there, they were really sound even though I nearly trashed everything with my rucksack. They had a really nice Alembic copy I was eying but someone bought it the next day.