Why become a member? ×

For TRADE ONLY MIJ Fender Jazz Bass JB62-69 ALL BLK

Mzungu71

***EDIT*** I've now bought something as a back up so will be keeping hold of this beauty for the time being, probably for some time to come too :)

Hi there

I am putting up for TRADE ONLY my Japanese made Fender Jazz Bass.
I am looking to trade for another 4 string bass guitar ONLY, no other items

It's the JB62-69 ALL BLK edition. I'm not sure if it's rare or not, but I've personally never seen another one on a forum or evilbay.

I bought it about 6 or so months ago. I bought it off Ebay then I had a panic about it's authenticity so I asked the good people of this very forum what they though and it came out a unanimous genuine article happily :rolleyes: The thread link is right here ; -

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=56629&st=0&p=561650&#entry561650"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...mp;#entry561650[/url]

I had the bass set up and the electronics properly earthed when I bought it, it was done by a guy called Adrian Lucas in Lincoln, he's a fairly well renowned luthier, well certainly around these parts.

The condition of the bass is generally quite good. There are some marks on it where I have used my pick. The bridge has some wear on it, but the integrity of the paintwork is totally intact, I'd consider the condition to be pretty good. Sounds and plays great. The marks are much clearer on the photos than in the flesh owing to the flash showing them up. Nothing out of the ordinary anyway.

I do love this bass (I know everyone says that) and I am certainly not desperate to move it on. I'm not looking for any cash either way trades, just for a straight swap. If nothing comes along that I like the look of, then I'll certainly not be disappointed.

I just have a spirit of adventure when it comes to bass guitars and would like to try something new.

Anything considered but I must stress again, no cash sales I am just looking to trade for something.

I am only looking at 4 strings I have tried 5 before, great as they are I have enough trouble with 4.

Here are a few pics, I am in Lincoln so anyone out my way is welcome to come try it some time.

If anyone wants any other specific pics, please ask and I'll do my best to supply them

Last but not least Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you all

Cheers

Gary

Edited by Mzungu71

[quote name='ogri' post='693928' date='Dec 26 2009, 07:32 PM']thats a lovely bit of kit but i too have nothing to trade :-(
unless your interested in genesis push irons lol..[/quote]

I honestly don't know what they are :)

I'm not sure anyone out there would have anything I'd like to trade, and I am happy with it for now, just curious as to what anyone else might have :rolleyes:

Spaz, yer nutter, you already have a passive jazz bass it says so on your trade thread :)

I've never tried an Ibanez, but don't think I'd fancy it tbh

As for the value of the thing?

Well purple, that's always tricky, I bought it for £400.00 about 6 months back.

I'm not sure if I paid over the odds or got it cheap, I just loved its looks so took a punt.

So in the same ball park on here seem to be other Japanese Fenders or perhaps a MM Sub 4 or even a non Rockbass Warwick Corvette?

I'm in no desperate rush to get rid, this bass is great, just you never know someone might really fancy my bass and want to offload something that makes me drool :rolleyes:

Edited by Mzungu71

[quote name='Anthony Joseph Waczek III' post='698505' date='Jan 2 2010, 01:06 AM']a measly thunderbird would not entice you would it? :/ perhaps a zenta tele body thrown in too??? my kidney? liver? a limb??[/quote]

I could use a new liver!

I've had a look and unfortunately no it wouldn't, thanks for the post mind