Why become a member? ×

Fender P. How does this look to you?

solo4652

[quote name='solo4652' post='688752' date='Dec 18 2009, 10:02 PM']Yes, but to change the pickguard means I'll have to unscrew screws and suchlike. Massive undertaking for me, that.[/quote]

Piece of cake mate, honestly, I'm useless at stuff like that too. Litteraly undo all the guard screws, undo the nuts that hold the two controls in, lift the plate off, put the new one on and screw it all back up again, really simple I promise. 10 minute job, and you'll be so glad you did it.

[quote name='Rayman' post='689119' date='Dec 19 2009, 03:05 PM']Piece of cake mate, honestly, I'm useless at stuff like that too. Litteraly undo all the guard screws, undo the nuts that hold the two controls in, lift the plate off, put the new one on and screw it all back up again, really simple I promise. 10 minute job, and you'll be so glad you did it.[/quote]

"undo all the screws"?..."undo the nuts"?...."lift the plate off"?..."screw it all back up again"? I just knew it - things have got technical. :)

[quote name='BassBunny' post='689224' date='Dec 19 2009, 05:12 PM']Steve the "tone" control is purely a Bass or is it Treble "cut". As it's passive you can't boost anything.[/quote]

Hello Stuart,

I was being a little facetious, of course! The tone knob doesn't really seem to cut or boost or alter much at all (in comparison to, say, the G&L's tone controls). It's not actually a problem - I find I don't change the tone settings much after the first song - I'm far too busy concentrating on playing. By the way, the Precision has strips of metal across the neck. My Stingray doesn't have them at all. What are [i]they[/i] for?